By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I only need a Mankey! Fgs!!!

Had pokemon let's go Eevee since launch and really enjoyed the game. However i knew i needed online to complete the dex. Only got online a few days ago, thanks to abusing the family group option. Yesterday i thought i'd attempt to fill my pokedex. 

Well, i did get a shock. First of all the online for trading is absolutely barebones. No GTS, no pokebank communication, no pss, no way to trade with friends, no way to search specific pokemon.  No other methods of communication, so no way to give a thumbs up to decent traders. Just a code system, probably designed for use between friends. It's pretty much a lottery. Having found out how to trade pokemon wisely on both ORAS and Sun/Moon, (Completing my pokedexes pretty quickly), i expected to be able to pull off some astute trades and do similarly this time. No chance though. Not even sure what the problem is. I've been offered ridiculous trades on many occasions, with no way to communicate. I only needed about 8 pokemon, as luckily my son traded me some from go. I found myself feeling lucky anyone would even trade me a kadabra or machoke so it could evolve. I was being offered magikarps for my kadabra/haunter/graveller/machokes! There were only a few traders decent enough to trade me 1 of those 2nd evolution pokemon. After spending hours with (Mostly) timewasters, i managed to gather all pokemon except for mankey. (Well, strictly speaking i need sandshrew too, as the 1 i managed to get was Alolan. So technically still need Kantonian 1.) MANKEY, FFS! I'm led to believe it's pretty common on pikachu, yet people are treating it like gold dust. I took to chaining so i could catch dragonites and pinsirs yet still no-one is interested in trading me a mankey. Now, i'm just trying to get a decent supply of region specific pokemon to try for a mankey. I've even taken to calling 1 of my pokemon "Mankey pls?" and showing it to them numerous times but still to no avail. Is there some sort of "Trading etiquette" around Let's go that i don't know about? Am i supposed to offer something specific for Mankey?

TLDR:- Is there anyone here kind enough to trade me a mankey? I have most region specific pokemon and some rare hitmonlees etc. If anyone is willing, hopefully we can set up our own specific code so we can (hopefully) find each other.  I will be checking this post regularly and will be able to jump on Let's go in a moments notice if need be. If anyone is kind enough to trade with me, thanks in advance!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

Wth! Also, i discovered Articuno is less rare than Pinsir. I found 1 while looking for Pinsirs on route 15, so that is available for trade too.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Can you trade with Pokemon go players? I'll give you a Mankey if yes.

ironmanDX said:

He has to trade with someone who owns let's go. The game is intended for you to trade with friends and only friends doing a code system.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
ironmanDX said:

He has to trade with someone who owns let's go. The game is intended for you to trade with friends and only friends doing a code system.

But you can still transfer pokemons from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Let's Go.  I got all of my exclusives that wasn't on Let's Go Pikachu from Pokemon Go app.

OP: Can't you get your son to get you a Mankey and get him to transfer it to you like he did with the others?

Around the Network

I assumed a "mankey" was some sexual thing. I guess my services are not needed here.

Ka-pi96 said:
By "needed online" do you mean as in just needed an internet connection full stop? Or do you mean you have to pay for the online service just to trade with other people?

I have to buy Switch online to trade/battle online in let's go.

ironmanDX said:

Only locally i believe.

V-r0cK said:
uran10 said:

But you can still transfer pokemons from Pokemon Go to Pokemon Let's Go.  I got all of my exclusives that wasn't on Let's Go Pikachu from Pokemon Go app.

OP: Can't you get your son to get you a Mankey and get him to transfer it to you like he did with the others?

I can but he doesn't really play it any more and he'll think of it as almost a chore. Plus, i'm being impatient i guess and i won't see him again for over a week.

d21lewis said:
I assumed a "mankey" was some sexual thing. I guess my services are not needed here.

Unless you have a mankey :D    :P