By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A hazardous and evil thread, possibly biological in nature.

I've drifted away from it because horror games in general don't appeal to me any more. Just not a fan of the tension any more. I liked all of the ones I've played however. RE and RE2 on PS1, RE: Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, and RE4 on the Gamecube. RE 5 looked good, and RE 6 looks pretty iffy. I DO want to play RE 7 some day, especially in VR, and the RE 2 Remake as well, but there's a good chance I never will. My favorite is RE 4. The one most worthy of a remake is RE 3.

Totally forgot I played the RE1 remake on GC, as well as RE0. I never finished RE0 though. :(

Last edited by COKTOE - on 27 February 2019

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I have not played as much Resident Evil games as I´d like, but my favorites are Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 2 (played with traditional, 3rd person controls) and Resident Evil Revelations.

The RE2 remake is excellent. Current playing it, really awesome. I would like to see a remake of RE; Code Veronica, as it seems that not many people played it.

Not a fan of RE7. The game itself is fabulous, but I don´t like the first person view. It did not feel like RE to me.

I would recommend you to try Revelations, which has a good balance of horror, anxiety and action.

Id say my favorite RE game would be RE4 (Gamecube), followed by RE2 (N64) and REvelations (3DS).  Fore some reason, I just couldn't get into RE0, but that was years ago.  Maybe it's time to re-visit that one.

I am in the same boat as OP. I've played 4 and 7 all the way through, and really enjoyed them. I played a couple hours of 5 and hated it, especially trying to micromanage my AI companion.

Was thinking about getting the 2 REMake, but thought maybe I should play the original first. 20 bucks on PSN. Wish it was a little cheaper, but might give it a shot.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

You've played all the good ones already OP, just wait for the inevitable RE3 Remake.

If you really want to know, Code Veronica, though certainly more playable than titles to follow (and the one I'd like to receive the remake treatment after 3), is the game that started all the convoluted braindead BS that culminated with this:

And this:

One might argue RE4 is partly that, but the silliness is integral part of its charm, and it stands on a very hard to achieve balance. The RE4 HD project is almost done, and it looks amazing. I'm waiting for it to play the game again.

And the RE0 villain is a sentient leech dressed like a JRPG character.