By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Think Sony & MS Will Announce New Consoles This Year?

Do You Think Sony & MS Will Announce New Consoles This Year?

Yes, they both will 491 30.09%

Only Sony will 181 11.09%

Only Microsoft will 268 16.42%

Neither will 692 42.40%

Total:1,632

If there was to be a console announced this year, I strongly think it will be Microsoft that announces it, otherwise both will announce their next console next year. PS4 is still hot at $299, with plenty of room for price cuts, wouldn’t want to slow down the sales while it’s still printing money,I also don’t see the PS4 slowing down after the PS5 like the PS1 and PS2 with their successors.

Around the Network

Yes, there have been some hints that we might expect a PS5 announcement of some nature at some point this year.

Tech improvements haven't been great, I think they will wait til 2020 at least.

Since there's no Maaayyybeee? option, I'm going for both yes.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I feel it will be like last time when MS said they would be ready and reply quickly to a PS4 release and they did within 2 weeks , I feel the reverse is true, the console manufacturing world is so small you could put it into a matchbox, so they might not know each others specifics but there would be plenty of activation indicators along the way.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Sony should stick with their strategy from last time. Keep the holiday sales then announce in January or February. Gives you plenty of time to build hype. The only difference is they should release in October or September so slightly quicker turnaround. And they should wait till 2021

I am Iron Man

I expect a PS5 announcement at PSX.