By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OMG I found my old SNES!!!

today i was going through my things in my garage and magically i came across a bag with a nintendo imprint on it, and to my suprise it was my old snes!!!

the only game that was actually in the bag though was street fighter so i hooked it up and to my suprise word had caught on and quite alot of people were around m house waiting for a turn to play, had about 8 people at one point. and street fighter on the SNES feels so natural, like the pad feels better then anything.

oh and a canadian friend of mine came over and he pronounced SNES as individual letters like S-N-E-S instead of just one word like SNES, he claimed that all americans and canadians do this. is that true???

Even though the VC is out for the wii who would ever want to hook up your SNES again and play it? whos still got a SNES? whats your best memory on it? i know what mine is, i used to beat people on street fighter and give a cheeky little smile at the end... loved doing that!Now i'm going to search the garage for super mario

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Around the Network

congrats on finding your snes.
SNES for me was like the golden age of gaming, and I had the best memories with the games like Super Mario World and Mario Kart.
oh, and I pronounced SNES as individual letters too S-N-E-S

well i don't have a snes anymore but i did. and as for th S-N-E-S we in canada do pronounce it that way.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Cool. I use individual letters also. I don't think snes sounds right.

really... seems kinda strange to me, over here we pronounce it as one word instead of individual letters, we were all laughing at the canadian guy today because it sounds so wierd!

feel kind of bad now

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Around the Network

I usually say Super NES as in 2 words, or SNES in one word. I'm Dutch (which means I'm awesome).

I live in th uk and we just call it snes not S.N.E.S. I found my snes last year in the lobby with a couple of games it still worked. i remember defeating everyone on mortal kombat and mario cart and street fighter 2 turbo lol. I dont use my snes anymore tho since i discoverd emulators lol.

My best memory with the snes was when me mum got the american version and i was the only one to have one lol, i had something with it called the wildcard which let me play roms on it, i had hundreads of game on the floppies.

im surprised so many pronounce it with the letters, it takes far too long :P

Anyway my snes broke :( i still have the games though and i dunno what to do with them.

Thatmax said:
im surprised so many pronounce it with the letters, it takes far too long :P

Anyway my snes broke :( i still have the games though and i dunno what to do with them.

give them to charity. i would give mine to charity if it wasnt for the fact that my wildcard is still expensive to buy an me mum hogz it so

For me always was the "Super Nintendo"

I have two in my house... mine from old years, and the one my wife brought from her house... I still play Killer instinct for fun sometimes

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989