By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is Your Favourite Valkyria Series Game?

Which is Your Favourite Valkyria Series Game?

Valkyria Chronicles 229 24.60%

Valkyria Chronicles II 21 2.26%

Valkyria Chronicles III 19 2.04%

Valkyria Revolution 11 1.18%

Valkyria Chronicles 4 125 13.43%

Other - I Don't Like the Series 78 8.38%

Other - I Haven't Played Any of Them 448 48.12%

Total:931
pokoko said:

Uh.  Nhhh.  That's concerning.  VC1 made me stop playing for three whole days after a certain event.  I didn't even want to look at my PS3.  

Now I'm sad just thinking about it.

I assume the event you mean is Isara's death, in which case yeah...I can't blame you. Pretty sure I cried both there and the final scene with her airplane.

I wanna say 4 isn't thaaat cruel, but I think that's a matter of perspective. Some of the choices the characters have to make have some extremely heavy ramications, including the one I mentioned, but I think the game preps you a bit more this time around before punching you in the gut. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

I have 1, 2, and 4.

I'm currently replaying 1 before I get to VC 4 on the Switch. I've only played a few minutes of 4 even though I bought it on day one (should have waited for the sale!). I didn't like VC 2 that much. It was scaled back for the PSP and that really hurt my enjoyment.

Super_Boom said:
pokoko said:

Uh.  Nhhh.  That's concerning.  VC1 made me stop playing for three whole days after a certain event.  I didn't even want to look at my PS3.  

Now I'm sad just thinking about it.

I assume the event you mean is Isara's death, in which case yeah...I can't blame you. Pretty sure I cried both there and the final scene with her airplane.

I wanna say 4 isn't thaaat cruel, but I think that's a matter of perspective. Some of the choices the characters have to make have some extremely heavy ramications, including the one I mentioned, but I think the game preps you a bit more this time around before punching you in the gut. 

Yes.  One of the most suddenly devastating moments I've experienced in video games.  Perhaps a bit more personal to me because she was my favorite character.  I absolutely loved the game but I haven't been able to push myself into replaying it because of that.  The scene with the flying tank hit me like a ton of bricks, too.  Christ on a cat.  Not what I was expecting from a pretty "anime game".  Might be my favorite game that I played on the PS3.

VC4 is waiting for me to download.  Unfortunately, that's going to take a few days, thanks to my terrible internet connection.