By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alien: Blackout trademarked by 20th Century Fox, Online Shooter with an announce at The Game Awards likely

shikamaru317 said:
Was hoping for a new survival horror game similar to Alien: Isolation personally, an online shooter is quite disappointing for me.

After the film “Aliens”, this franchise has always been ripe for a solid shooter, and would be amazing on hardware of today. Colonial Marines could’ve and should’ve been one of the best FPS titles out there, but development hell destroyed it. If this is an online shooter in the same vein, I really hope it’s done properly this time by a competent developer. I can honestly see the developers of Isolation doing a title like this some good justice. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

Online shooter.... Blackout....

Aliens battle royale.

If there's one failed franchise this generation that I wish would have been a masterpiece, it's Evolve.

I don't think this can capture that same concept completely (I don't know if it really has the monster variety), but an Alien version with a focus more on survival horror than shooter team mechanics would be amazing.

Yeah me too. Alien Isolation was fantastic and it was clearly meant for a sequel with how it ended  really wished they'd  follow up on it.