By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Console Sales in Eastern Europe

The video game market in Eastern Europe is currently fairly small, but could potentially become quite a bit bigger as the former Eastern Bloc countries' economies become more in line with other EU countries. Anyway, I'm interested in how big the current console market is, so if anyone has any sales figures, please post. I've never seen any numbers from sales trackers, so the numbers here will mainly be manufacturer's sold to retailers figures.

To start off some Polish data.

Through March 2008:

LTD:

PS3: 30k*

*SCE Poland forecast in February 08

2007 YTD:

PS2: 100k*
PS3: 20k+

*SCE Poland forecast in October 07

Through September 2007:

LTD:

PS2: 550k-600k*
360: 20k
Wii: 10k
PS3: 10k

*20% of these are estimated to be unofficial grey imports, so around 440k-480k originally sold in Poland.

Link
Link

Here we can see the growth in Polish software sales for Sony consoles between 2002 and 2007. We have
PS One & PS2 in 2002, and PS2 & PSP for 2007.

That's all I have for now, if anyone has data for other countries, please post. By Eastern Europe I'm referring to the former communist countries, so what some would consider Central European such as Czech Republic should be considered Eastern European for the purposes of this thread.

Around the Network

Spoko ze gry tak dobrze sie sprzedaja w polsce!!

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

zajebiscie huh, jezeli ceny gier byla mniejsza, napewno by bylo wiecej.

polishforlife said:
zajebiscie huh, jezeli ceny gier byla mniejsza, napewno by bylo wiecej.

Duzo ludzi ma rodzine za granica i duzo gier sa kupowany i do polski przywozone.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

Tak dokladnie moj ojciec tak robil, ja przerobilem playstation i moj ojciec w stanach kupowal mi gry jak bylem mlodszy.

Around the Network

Maximus, polish: You should work on Polish grammar :P

Well.. it shows also in games that Poland people is getting wealthier.

Sorry, the only Polish I remember is Żywiec. :)

Eastern Europe / former Eastern Bloc may be a big target for expansion in the gaming industry over the next decade.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Muj polski jest dosc swaby, prawie ze wogle nie rozmawiam. :P

But anyway, looks like steady growth in Poland.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.