By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ready to purchase an XBOX ONE X!

OdinHades said:
Yay if you don't own a decent PC. All the games are coming to PC anyway and they run even better than on One X if you have a graphics card equivalent to a GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 or something.

If you don't already have a PC, go for the Xbox. Buying a PC right now isn't a good idea, hardware prices are nuts these days.

PC isn't getting RDR 2 and all microsoft games are on that shit windows store.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

I was content with the S. My biggest gripe is the fact you can't play the games without an internet connection. I'm haven't felt the need to subscribe to an isp for years. I know how crazy that sounds...

Anyways, depends if you're a hardcore gamer. Can't wait to play RDR2 and hopefully the rumors are true about 4k assets.

Yeah doesn't the box require the game to be installed to be playable, which in turn requires an internet connection.

I'm relatively hatdcore. Not a pc gamer but I know what's what. I am happy about the purchase. I still haven't played Destiny. 

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

I'll wait. One for at least one good original exclusive to come out. If it's coming out for The next gen Xbox though than I'll wait for it. If it's come out for PC as well, I'll just put the money towards a rig.

SuperRetroTurbo said:
Snoopy said:

Anyways, depends if you're a hardcore gamer. Can't wait to play RDR2 and hopefully the rumors are true about 4k assets.

Yeah doesn't the box require the game to be installed to be playable, which in turn requires an internet connection.

I'm relatively hatdcore. Not a pc gamer but I know what's what. I am happy about the purchase. I still haven't played Destiny. 

Do you have an xbox one s already? If so, trade it in and get an xbox one x for a cheaper price.

nay

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

Do you have an xbox one s already? If so, trade it in and get an xbox one x for a cheaper price.

I see you haven't read the other posts. That's been sold along with the 4pro and I just picked up the X for $350 with an extra controller. It really is in pristine condition. The controllers still have the texture feel and literally not a scratch on the system. It just didn't have the box which sucks.

SuperRetroTurbo said:
d21lewis said:
I've got one. It's my primary gaming device but if you're okay with the Xbox One S, I'd say you can live without it.

I was content with the S. My biggest gripe is the fact you can't play the games without an internet connection. I'm haven't felt the need to subscribe to an isp for years. I know how crazy that sounds...

I play games without a connection all the time. Actually took my XBO on vacation in September. Played RE5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. When I got home, my Achievements even popped up.

This one: https://youtu.be/_Ry1iCttlvA

SuperRetroTurbo said:
Snoopy said:

I see you haven't read the other posts. That's been sold along with the 4pro and I just picked up the X for $350 with an extra controller. It really is in pristine condition. The controllers still have the texture feel and literally not a scratch on the system. It just didn't have the box which sucks.

Sorry, I misread it (currently multi-tasking). Congrats, on the purchase. It's the best console in my opinion. People downplay the Xbox system because of its limited exclusives, but to me, Xbox exclusives like Halo, Gears, Forza Horizon, State of decay and PUBG (for now) offers a lot more replayability than any current console exclusives. Not to mention the Xbox one x is the best console to play third party games which is what most people and probably yourself play the majority of the time.

nay for me

d21lewis said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

I play games without a connection all the time. Actually took my XBO on vacation in September. Played RE5 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. When I got home, my Achievements even popped up.

This one: https://youtu.be/_Ry1iCttlvA

Right but they needed to be installed with a connection before hand, correct?