By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 or Ni No Kuni 2 ??

Which game is better ?

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom 6 14.63%

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age 22 53.66%

Both are amazing/great, same level. 4 9.76%

Its hard to say.. 1 2.44%

see reults 8 19.51%

Total:41

I'm interested in your opinion. Both games have been released this year. And both have big worlds and wonderful graphic.

Share your thoughts :) Two questions:

1. Whats better / which game do you like more, Ni No Kuni 2 or the new Dragon Quest XI ?

2. What are your favorites things in this two jrpgs ?

I like both games. In Dragon Quest 11 i love the cities, the gameplay / fightsystem and the details. In Ni No Kuni 2, I'm enchanted by the design, soundtracks and the atmosphere. Its hard to say, which is better for me. Let's see who wins this poll and what you like the most in the games :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 10 October 2018

Around the Network

You didnt include an actual poll....

And DQ11 is significantly better. NK1 was better than 2 and about equal to DQ11

contestgamer said:
You didnt include an actual poll....
And DQ11 is significantly better. NK1 was better than 2 and about equal to DQ11

You wrote your comment faster than I the poll

For me the answer is Dragon Quest XI, easily. Ni No Kuni 2 is a pretty good game, but it doesn't live up to the expectations the first game set (read: the first game was better). Dragon Quest X1 has far more polish and is so pretty to look at and explore. My wife and I are big DQ fans, so there is certainly some bias here, although I'm a fan of Ni No Kuni as well.

Edit: Oh, and I'm about 50 hours into DQ at the moment. I play just about every day for an hour or two and I've still got a long way to go. My wife is a hair ahead of me.

Just finished Ni No Kuni 2 a few days ago and DQXI has some real competition. NNK2 was addicting as hell with beautifull graphics, music and a lot of variety. I'll buy DQXI soon.

Around the Network

dragon quest XI, love the style of dragon quest games

Enjoyed NNK2 fairly well, though not nearly as much as the first. DQXI is my choice.

R9 5950x - RTX 3090 - Odyssey G9

Dragon Quest XI for me. I mean, I'm a huge DQ fan, but I also thoroughly enjoy Level 5 games and Studio Ghibli, and the first Ni No Kuni was just something special. I think I would have a more difficult decision pitting DQXI against the first Ni No Kuni.

Ni No Kuni II...I dunno, it just didn't resonate with me. The battle system, while flashy isn't all that strategic, definitely not as strategic as the first NNK or Dragon Quest XI. In terms of visuals, they're both visual feasts and definitely some of the best to come from Japan. Due to a few environments in DQXI, I think it edges out NNKII but again, they're both gorgeous.

Music is obviously better with Ni No Kuni II, it's orchestrated, it's Joe Hisaishi and I loved it, much better than the DQXI MIDI synth soundtrack which comprised of mostly soundtracks from previous DQ games. Overall, the better game to me is Dragon Quest XI. The journey, combat and characters are just so much more fulfilling.

Bandorr said:
Fascinating. I finished Ni no 2, into DQ 11.

My answer is - Ni no kuni 2. Although I do think they shouldn't be compared.

Ni no kuni 2 is an action based game deeply, deeply, very deeply rooted in the kingdom building.
DQ 11 is turn based, I can't actually find another description really.

I didn't start Ni no kuni 2 until the patch adding expert was added. I played expert about 90% of the time. Ni no kuni 2 has an insane amount of stuff to do. Kingdom, tainted monsters, finding the little helper guys, doing the phantom doors, etc.

Plus the action based makes me always feel involved. DQ 11 I can just set them all to fight themselves and walk away.

DQ11 does have a feature where you kill "sparkling" enemies and that lets you ride them. That is pretty great.

An extensive answer, cool :) Nice to see that you had a lot of fun =)

RaptorChrist said:

For me the answer is Dragon Quest XI, easily. Ni No Kuni 2 is a pretty good game, but it doesn't live up to the expectations the first game set (read: the first game was better). Dragon Quest X1 has far more polish and is so pretty to look at and explore. My wife and I are big DQ fans, so there is certainly some bias here, although I'm a fan of Ni No Kuni as well.

Edit: Oh, and I'm about 50 hours into DQ at the moment. I play just about every day for an hour or two and I've still got a long way to go. My wife is a hair ahead of me.

50 hours : D Nice if your wife and you play video games together :) Maybe later you will have over 100 hours of play :)

HintHRO said:
Just finished Ni No Kuni 2 a few days ago and DQXI has some real competition. NNK2 was addicting as hell with beautifull graphics, music and a lot of variety. I'll buy DQXI soon.

Sounds good! Have fun then !! = )

Ljink96 said:
Dragon Quest XI for me. I mean, I'm a huge DQ fan, but I also thoroughly enjoy Level 5 games and Studio Ghibli, and the first Ni No Kuni was just something special. I think I would have a more difficult decision pitting DQXI against the first Ni No Kuni.

Ni No Kuni II...I dunno, it just didn't resonate with me. The battle system, while flashy isn't all that strategic, definitely not as strategic as the first NNK or Dragon Quest XI. In terms of visuals, they're both visual feasts and definitely some of the best to come from Japan. Due to a few environments in DQXI, I think it edges out NNKII but again, they're both gorgeous.

Music is obviously better with Ni No Kuni II, it's orchestrated, it's Joe Hisaishi and I loved it, much better than the DQXI MIDI synth soundtrack which comprised of mostly soundtracks from previous DQ games. Overall, the better game to me is Dragon Quest XI. The journey, combat and characters are just so much more fulfilling.

The soundtracks are also much better in Ni No Kuni 2, for me.

I understand your conclusion :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 15 October 2018

I haven't played DQ11, but I went into Ni No Kuni expecting nothing amazing, and that's how I went out of it. I'm sure I'll like DQ more. The best part of Ni No Kuni was its castle builder, I was addicted to it lol.