By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku's Jason Schreier thinks MTX are merely annoying

it koe-taco about as awesome as polygon....

both are hot garbage.

Around the Network

Journalists that think sexism is an issue in video games should be fired.

Mbolibombo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Whether we are talking about speedrun times or "Rushed" times is irrelevant. Your argument was that, since it is possible to beat the game in less than 50 hours, it is unreasonable to think that Kotaku didn't finish the game. Which is more likely? That Kotaku managed to see the end credits roll much faster than the majority of players, or that he simply didn't finish the game? 

Well if you look at the "Played" section of his reviews you can see that he flatly states that he finished a game, in cases where he actually did finish a game. In cases where he didn't finish the game he writes something else. For example...

BOTW = "There's no playclock either in-game or on the system, but I finished the game in a leisurely play through at around 50 hours."

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age = About 39 hours in 2017; finished the game in 2006.

Ni No Kuni II = "Completed the game, along with many side quests and mazes, in 29 hours, 44 minutes, 26 seconds"

DragonQuest Builders = "Around 15 hours on Vita, another 5 hours on Switch" 

Octopath Traveler = "Finished all eight stories and did a handful of optional dungeons in 36 hours, three minutes"

Megaman 11 = Completed the game in about three hours

This is all part of Kotaku's review style. Whenever they actually beat a game, they will tell you that they beat it, how long it took them, and whether or not they did sidequests. Whenever they don't finish a game they write... something else. 

So again, I have to ask; Which is more likely? That Jason finished the game or not? 

I have no take in whatever this conversation is - but that right there can not be true. There's no chance he finished all eight stories combined with extra content in 36 hours. He's saying he finished the game 9 hours faster than the fastest time on howlongtobeat? During review period to boot with very little help from others?

I dont care much for Jason but I never disregard his opionions either (outside of RPGs hehe) but if he said he beat OT in 36 hours that's a blatant lie and I will stand by that.

Oh, no you see that's entirely possible! See, if you just turn the combat speed to the absolute highest, read entire paragraphs in 1 millisecond flat, make a beeline for the boss in every dungeon ignoring all chests you see, don't talk to a single non-essential NPC, and magically know the perfect strategy to beat each boss the first time, with a severely underleveled party right off the bat....

yeah, he's lying.