By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2018 voting for Golden Joystick Awards happening now.

https://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

How did you vote? 

Dragon Ball FighterZ took best visual design, best art direction, best competitive game, and best eSports game for me.  

Subnautica got best audio design. Underwater sound effects and music are perfect. 

Spider-Man took best story. I can't tell you why without spoiling the game. 

Octopath sinks it as best Nintendo game, since Let's Go and Smash are too late in the year. 

God of War for GotY. 

Moss for best VR game. It's the only VR only game that is original and good. 

Around the Network

Wants me to disable adblock or I can't vote. So no vote then.

Already? Red Dead isnt even out yet.

edit: there are some bullshit choices in some of the poll.... Why can't I vote Playground Games as best studio (yet we have random indie studios)? Why can't I vote Splatoon 2 for best ongoing game? Why can't I vote for Red Dead for most anticipated?

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 04 October 2018

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

pretty lame nominees. a lot of these can be seen in 2, 3, even 4 lists. and there there are a ton of random entries that ive never even heard of, plus some obvious choices that didnt appear.

Couldn't be bothered to enter my email... so didn't vote. the range of games was quite poor as well. but hey ho.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:

edit: there are some bullshit choices in some of the poll.... Why can't I vote Playground Games as best studio (yet we have random indie studios)? Why can't I vote Splatoon 2 for best ongoing game? Why can't I vote for Red Dead for most anticipated?

This

Anyways, I voted for Ghost of Tsushima on that one, then I voted God of War 3 times on some of em(one for GOTY for PS), would have chosen Octopath as GOTY for Nintendo but I haven't finished it(stopped at 20hrs or so) so went with Detective Pikachu, chose Forza Horizon 4 for Xbox even though I don't have the game but tried the demo on PC, and I forgot the rest.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

flashfire926 said:

Oh wow. Yeah, it didn't even cross my mind that Splatoon 2 should have been in the running for best ongoing game. But I would have voted for it in a heartbeat over all the other trash they put in the "Best Ongoing Game" catagory.