Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch reaches 1.000.000 in UK...Is it ok ?

I am just noticing this in the last weekly chart for UK.

How fast was the other consoles to reach 1 millions :

PS4 : 29 Nov 2013 - 30 Aout 2014 = 9 Months
NS : 03 Mars 2017 - 02 Oct 2018 = 19 Months
3DS : 25 Mars 2011 - 19 Mai 2012 = 14 Months
WiiU has maybe not reached 693.000 so far.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Around the Network

I just noticed that it sold more than in Germany, which makes me wonder then why people always refer to Germany as a healthy Nintendo market and UK a Nintendo weakness.

From your comparison yeah its doing fine in the UK. I think they havent done any official price cuts like the 3DS had?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

TheGamer_1995 said:
I just noticed that it sold more than in Germany, which makes me wonder then why people always refer to Germany as a healthy Nintendo market and UK a Nintendo weakness.

Market share.  Nintendo tends to do much better in Germany, France and Italy as a share of the market compared to the UK.  France often exceeds both in market share and total sales (Switch has sold over 1.3 million there).

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Didn't the 3DS have a huge ass price drop in it's first year?

Around the Network
TheGamer_1995 said:

Marketshare.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yeah, the 3DS isn't the best exemple when talking about early sales when you add in the huge price cut it got early on.

Although, we did see that some Switch titles are picking up speed in the UK as time goes on but we're still far from France, etc ...

Also, marketshare in Germany is better.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Alright numbers. Nowhere near ps4 level and behind 3ds but it's still good.

It's alright I think. And it's actually 18 months, because the latest chart shows total sales as of the week ending 1st September.

I dont believe those 3DS numbers.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988