By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man better than perfect

Around the Network
Keiji said:

The only costume I would use tbh. 

shikamaru317 said:

It's definitely not perfect, but it is pretty good. As for your DLC ideas, I don't think adding New York's other boroughs would work all that well, Manhattan is really the only borough with consistently tall enough buildings for web swinging.

I love skimming over the ground while swinging, such a rush. You can swing perfectly fine through central park, no need for high buildings. High up is great as well and the transition is flawless. Swing 30 floors up, dive down and skim the ground at the last moment, so frigging cool. Especially when you can see inside all the windows as you're zooming towards a building.

The traversal mechanic is the best I've ever seen which makes the collectathon missions a pleasure to do. I stumbled into a subway entrance a couple times, apparently you can unlock fast travel later on. Who wants that!!! I just unlocked the research station missions, excuse for more web slinging antics. I'll go back now to threading the needle through all the small alley ways at top speed :)

Keiji said:
I share some screenshots. I love this game...

oh yeah. And the fun-factor is incredible. great screenshots, Keiji.

Thank you KazumaKiryu

Around the Network
cura said:

How does this game compare to God of War, is it better / worse / about the same? 

I was initially thinking of getting the game on release but am now thinking I can wait until it comes down in price or there is a sale as the metacritic is only 87 

It is an absolutely completely different game.

There are little things here and there that I don't like. A couple of my favorite costumes are missing (Ben Reilly Sensational, Black suit). There's no traffic lights or stop signs. Random crime is overwhelming at times. The controls could be a little tighter. But I'll be damned if this game doesn't make me happy when I play it. It literally changes my entire mood.

I said before that sunset overdrive was my "go to"; game when I don't know what I want to play. Now, it's Spider-Man.

d21lewis said:
There are little things here and there that I don't like. A couple of my favorite costumes are missing (Ben Reilly Sensational, Black suit). There's no traffic lights or stop signs. Random crime is overwhelming at times. The controls could be a little tighter. But I'll be damned if this game doesn't make me happy when I play it. It literally changes my entire mood.

I said before that sunset overdrive was my "go to"; game when I don't know what I want to play. Now, it's Spider-Man.

There are working traffic lights, very slow ones. Pedestrian lights as well although hard to see during the day time. Traffic is odd though. When you leave it for a while looking one way, the traffic from behind 'dries' up. When you look behind you, traffic is suddenly coming again in the distance.

The attention to detail is great yet after a while you start to see the patterns. There's that bicycle again that got hit by a car with the paramedics standing around. It's not quite at the level of GTA where you can follow people around that actually go somewhere and accidents get cleaned up by emergency services. As long as you simply swing or run by you'll never notice, however it's all quite static with the rng populating the area with pre-made diaroma's and objects. No lovely time lapse to be made here.

I hope there will be some races in the later side missions, without touching the ground or buildings. Swinging between the buildings at top speed indeed is that "go to" activity.

SvennoJ said:
d21lewis said:

There are working traffic lights, very slow ones. Pedestrian lights as well although hard to see during the day time. Traffic is odd though. When you leave it for a while looking one way, the traffic from behind 'dries' up. When you look behind you, traffic is suddenly coming again in the distance.

The attention to detail is great yet after a while you start to see the patterns. There's that bicycle again that got hit by a car with the paramedics standing around. It's not quite at the level of GTA where you can follow people around that actually go somewhere and accidents get cleaned up by emergency services. As long as you simply swing or run by you'll never notice, however it's all quite static with the rng populating the area with pre-made diaroma's and objects. No lovely time lapse to be made here.

I hope there will be some races in the later side missions, without touching the ground or buildings. Swinging between the buildings at top speed indeed is that "go to" activity.

Playing it right now and I saw them. I was like "Holy shit! I gotta edit that post!" But I was too slow. 😥

deskpro2k3 said:
KLXVER said:
Perfect doesn't need to add stuff. That's why its called perfect...

Cubedramirez said:

Bingo.

I should've been more clear. The point I'm trying to make is perfect has no room for improvement. Perfection is an illusion. So, anything with room for betterment is better than the delusion of perfection.

I love you for writing this.