By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: 'We'll be gaming's greatest company'

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186853

Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello has said that he wants to make his company what 'Disney is to animation and NBC is to television'.

Speaking to the Financial Times (via MCV), Riccitiello said his priority wasn't being number on in the charts, but placing EA in history as videogame's all-time greatest company.

"I read a book on how every medium creates one great company: animation created Disney, CBS was created by radio, NBC by television," he said.

"Interactive entertainment is going to determine one great company and I think it's this one. One of the reasons I've come back is to try to take it to the next step."

He added: "Above all, I'm trying to bring great quality and innovation back . . . I'm also trying to drive us towards a variety of new business models, whether it be subscription or micro-transactions, or advertising-based."

We appreciate EA saying it's not all about the money, but hasn't Nintendo already gone down as 'the Disney of videogames'?

Around the Network
elnino334 said:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=186853

Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello has said that he wants to make his company what 'Disney is to animation and NBC is to television'.

Speaking to the Financial Times (via MCV), Riccitiello said his priority wasn't being number on in the charts, but placing EA in history as videogame's all-time greatest company.

"I read a book on how every medium creates one great company: animation created Disney, CBS was created by radio, NBC by television," he said.

"Interactive entertainment is going to determine one great company and I think it's this one. One of the reasons I've come back is to try to take it to the next step."

He added: "Above all, I'm trying to bring great quality and innovation back . . . I'm also trying to drive us towards a variety of new business models, whether it be subscription or micro-transactions, or advertising-based."

We appreciate EA saying it's not all about the money, but hasn't Nintendo already gone down as 'the Disney of videogames'?

HAHAHAHAHA yes and the north pole is a tropical paradise.  Quality not quantity so sorry EA greatest you are not, not even close......largest perhaps.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

I guess if you buyout the competition, no one else is left to call themselves greatest company.

Elnino you know this is practically the same article you posted an hour ago right?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Why don't you post all this in the gaming news section?

Around the Network

I could of sworn Nintendo had the Legend spot all taken up since the 1990's.

Ea's been talking a lot since August... they haven't backed it up yet to my knowledge.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

EA can't possibly be to gaming what Disney is to animation; Nintendo beat them to that about 25 years ago by doing for gaming exactly what Disney did for animation: brought it to the mainstream.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Onyxmeth said:
Elnino you know this is practically the same article you posted an hour ago right?

I knew that though I also know forum posters usually hate to read which is why many online sites split interviews into multiple pieces to discuss them individually etc.  Just careting to the lazy folks and to have more focused discussions.

Supposed said:
Why don't you post all this in the gaming news section?

The news section is really for official news releases like press releases etc not just ramdom tidbits of info from interviews etc. 

What Disney is to animation?

They want to be outdated, way past their best and still trying to live in the glory days of the past?