By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Maria's Death Toll Eclipses Katrina's. THANKS, Dotard.

Dammit... I just stubbed my toe. Thanks a lot, Oba... I mean Trump. Funny how it always works out that places run by corrupt politicians always love to bash and demonize the new guy not in their corruption ring.

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:

I live in Puerto Rico and went through the whole Maria ordeal. If anyone is to blame that someone is our own corrupt government. They were the ones hiding the true numbers. Everyone knows someone who died from causes related to the hurricane on the island, the local government death toll was a joke. Trump is not my cup of tea but Puerto Rico's current state of affairs (crime, poverty, bad health services etc.) Is entirely on our own government.

No! Everything is Trump's fault! Don't you see? Even the weather!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

“It’s been incredible results that we’ve had with respect to loss of life.”
Someone should have stopped him from making such an irresponsible comment. It was so regrettably misinformed.

CosmicSex said:
“It’s been incredible results that we’ve had with respect to loss of life.”
Someone should have stopped him from making such an irresponsible comment. It was so regrettably misinformed.

Indeed. It paints his position as having no remorse for the loss of life.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Will OP also get banned like me or do I have to use incendiary language like retard in the headline to justify my ban?

⚠️ WARNED: Trolling ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 03 September 2018

Around the Network
SammyGiireal said:
Rpruett said:

Well looks like you ruined OP's entire narrative.  Good work. :)

Trump could have sent a trillion dollars in aid. Our politicians would have been a trillion dollars richer, the feds have found entire wagons of undistributed aid in the past few weeks. Some of our Mayors were keeping the aid for their relatives and friends. The roads in my hometown were absolute trash for weeks because our Mayor was an incompetent fool during the aftermath. My car actually got a nasty dent from a fallen tree that was blocking part of the road for weeks while I was making my way home from work at night. This happened a whole full month after the hurricane hit.Trump was a jack ass during his visit here, but our government told him that only 64 people had died that was the official death toll. Obviously Trump couldn't see the bigger picture but it wasn't his fault. 

The sad reality about any aide. There's a reason why my country(Philippines) still continues to suffer through even though the same problems whenever a hurricane hits. That's even after we received international assistance from different countries(including USA).

You can't just expect funds just to magically fix everything. If the government you're helping is full of corruption then nothing will improve for the better. Money is just an enabler if put in the right hands with the right circumstances. One best example of a what a corrupt government thrives upon is extreme red taping. A logistical nightmare for any aide.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 03 September 2018

SammyGiireal said:

I live in Puerto Rico and went through the whole Maria ordeal. If anyone is to blame that someone is our own corrupt government. They were the ones hiding the true numbers. Everyone knows someone who died from causes related to the hurricane on the island, the local government death toll was a joke. Trump is not my cup of tea but Puerto Rico's current state of affairs (crime, poverty, bad health services etc.) Is entirely on our own government.

Pretty much this.  I also live in PR, and the island was in an already weakened state before the hurricane.  Our own government's incompetence was at fault in here.