By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Beloved Leader's Bailout Begins!

SpokenTruth said:
Cobretti2 said:

What is wrong with prices going up anyway? Everything in America is WAY to cheap, If you guys really care about your farmers you should pay more for food. 

Two who chickens for $6 is insane. They should be charging like $3-4bux per kg  assume he bought uncooked

Cooked one should be min $8. 

Even if your prices went up 20%, it would still be way under what people pay in other countries. Surely such a small increase to ensure your farming economy survives would be a fair price to pay?

What value is there to an economy going up if prices are going to up way higher?

First off, where are finding $6 for two whole chickens?  I just checked a local market and they are cheapest at $1.69 per pound.  Avg whole chicken is ~6 pounds.  That means ~$10.14 per chicken or ~$20.28 for 2. 

That said, I'll gladly take your $3 per kg because that would make it ~$8.18 per chicken.  So it's already a lot more expensive than you think it is.

o_O.Q said:

are you trying to imply that you understand this issue better than the president of the united states? isn't that a ridiculously arrogant stance to take?

I know more about Metroid than the president.  How arrogant of me to assume.

Besides, he has done very little to suggest he has even a modicum of understanding of the complexity of the new toy he's playing with.

wait hold on, you think you are more intelligent than donald trump?

do you think you would do a better job as president?

Around the Network

To correct something; the agricultural products in question are *not* at risk of a price hike, in any way, before we go too far down arguing on that...

The issue is *insufficient demand*, because China isn't buying anymore. This means that prices are going *down*. The subsidies are there, because the prices are expected to go so low, for US agricultural products, that the ability of farmers to survive the loss would be put into question.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

SpokenTruth said:

goes for you, too.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

SpokenTruth said:
Cobretti2 said:

What is wrong with prices going up anyway? Everything in America is WAY to cheap, If you guys really care about your farmers you should pay more for food. 

Two who chickens for $6 is insane. They should be charging like $3-4bux per kg  assume he bought uncooked

Cooked one should be min $8. 

Even if your prices went up 20%, it would still be way under what people pay in other countries. Surely such a small increase to ensure your farming economy survives would be a fair price to pay?

What value is there to an economy going up if prices are going to up way higher?

First off, where are finding $6 for two whole chickens?  I just checked a local market and they are cheapest at $1.69 per pound.  Avg whole chicken is ~6 pounds.  That means ~$10.14 per chicken or ~$20.28 for 2. 

That said, I'll gladly take your $3 per kg because that would make it ~$8.18 per chicken.  So it's already a lot more expensive than you think it is.

Spurge earlier said he buys two for $6 lol. I just assumed that was normal. DO prices vary state to state in America? Here it is pretty much the same nationally, maybe 10% differences here and there at worst on some items in regional areas.