By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X’s Elma revealed for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + New Torna Footage

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

At this point I am pretty confident that will happen.  

Also, they confirmed in the gameplay demo that they have indeed smoothed over a lot of the rough edges of the graphics with some moderate improvements.  So I wasn't mistaken in thinking things looked more detailed and clean.  That's cool.

Ooh, I missed that point, rewatching the Gamescom demo now; any idea whereabouts in the video they say so by chance? 

I'm not surprised there's room for improvement as the base game was an early Switch title that always seemed like they rushed it a bit to hit the holiday season.

They said it while they were walking around Gormott, latter halc of the video.  It seems to he more of a matter of polish than a revelatory change.  Which makes sense, I think the engine has more potential than 2 showed wuth just some more fine tuning.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Torna the Golden Country looks really good. 30-40 hours of new content, getting to know Lora and Adam properly, further insight into Jin's development, and getting to see the Aegis War firsthand should be a treat, especially with the QoL tweaks made since the base game.

Now if I only I can open the box and find a cartridge with the whole expansion on it and no need for an additional download, I'll be over the moon.

The latest trailer states at the end that the boxed version of Torna contains a download code for the expansion pass. Which makes sense, because people who buy Torna as standalone and pay more for it than the all-inclusive digital expansion pass costs should get everything for the main game as well if they already own it or plan to get it eventually. Based on the wording ("expansion pass only works in combination with Xenoblade Chronicles 2," the main game), Torna has to be on a game card, but all goodies of the expansion pass that concern the main game will be a separate download, because two game cards can't be inserted in Switch at the same time and people need to get the additional data for the main game on their Switch somehow.

I don't think it can be interpreted any other way, because otherwise it would be stated that the boxed version of Torna can't be played without ownership of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the main game. Would be crazy to sell a €40 game and out of the blue customers notice that they have to make a €60 purchase for another game on top of it in order to play their €40 game.

So yeah, Torna is on a game card and a download code will allow you to download all extras for the main game to your Switch console.

Also, I believe in some regions it doesn't include the code.  So there has to be a card in there.  Might be misremembering.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Torna the Golden Country looks really good. 30-40 hours of new content, getting to know Lora and Adam properly, further insight into Jin's development, and getting to see the Aegis War firsthand should be a treat, especially with the QoL tweaks made since the base game.

Now if I only I can open the box and find a cartridge with the whole expansion on it and no need for an additional download, I'll be over the moon.

The latest trailer states at the end that the boxed version of Torna contains a download code for the expansion pass. Which makes sense, because people who buy Torna as standalone and pay more for it than the all-inclusive digital expansion pass costs should get everything for the main game as well if they already own it or plan to get it eventually. Based on the wording ("expansion pass only works in combination with Xenoblade Chronicles 2," the main game), Torna has to be on a game card, but all goodies of the expansion pass that concern the main game will be a separate download, because two game cards can't be inserted in Switch at the same time and people need to get the additional data for the main game on their Switch somehow.

I don't think it can be interpreted any other way, because otherwise it would be stated that the boxed version of Torna can't be played without ownership of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the main game. Would be crazy to sell a €40 game and out of the blue customers notice that they have to make a €60 purchase for another game on top of it in order to play their €40 game.

So yeah, Torna is on a game card and a download code will allow you to download all extras for the main game to your Switch console.

What if the box contains a download code for both the Torna Expansion and the Season Pass?