By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 or Smash Bros Ultimate, which one do you expect more ?

Your most hyped/expected game among those 2?

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 41 48.81%

Red Dead Redemption 2 43 51.19%

Total:84
RolStoppable said:
Both games are ports, so no hype here.

Fake. Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed a port, but Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is actually a compilation.

Around the Network

Single pleyer open world game and Multi player fighting game.

Those two are not comparable.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

mZuzek said:
RolStoppable said:
Both games are ports, so no hype here.

Fake. Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed a port, but Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is actually a compilation.

It's not a compilation either, it's a brand new game. Both are. Though Smash Bros. Ultimate has the broader appeal.

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

It's not a compilation either, it's a brand new game. Both are. Though Smash Bros. Ultimate has the broader appeal.

It was an ironic reference. You don't take Rol posts seriously and you also don't take replies to them seriously. Though, I'm not so sure Smash has the broader appeal here - in fact, first coming into this thread I was expecting it to be about sales, which would have made a lot more sense than hype, because sales can be a close contest.

mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It was an ironic reference. You don't take Rol posts seriously and you also don't take replies to them seriously. Though, I'm not so sure Smash has the broader appeal here - in fact, first coming into this thread I was expecting it to be about sales, which would have made a lot more sense than hype, because sales can be a close contest.

I still lean more towards Smash, because it's bringing together many iconic and well-loved video game characters (mostly Nintendo, but still), some of which FINALLY get to be playable in Smash Bros. (Daisy, Ridley, Dark Samus, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont and King K. Rool).

Around the Network

Can you change "expect" to "anticipate" in the title. Regardless of the relavance of pitting these two very different titles against each other, it would at least convey what you want from this question. As it is it seems like you are asking which do you expect to sell more.

Smash Bros.! I'm starting to think T-Bone's bold prediction of 20 million isn't so bold.

1doesnotsimply

Voted for Smash it's going to be greater than I expected though I respect RDR2

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Smash Bros.! I'm starting to think T-Bone's bold prediction of 20 million isn't so bold.

Didn't he predict 25 million?

RDR2 as I've already preordered the ultimate edition, but I'm hyped for smash as well, just not as much as the former.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid