By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quentin Cobb Confirms New Studio Is With Sony

Okay so I just pasted the shorter url for you, and it sort of embedded itself but not very well... lol.

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind a AAA co-op RPG. Spell casting, melee, rpg elements, classes jobs. Great stories, real characters, armor and weapon upgrades. The works.

Vizigoth04 said:
I wouldn't mind a AAA co-op RPG. Spell casting, melee, rpg elements, classes jobs. Great stories, real characters, armor and weapon upgrades. The works.

Bristow9091 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Former Naughty Dog senior designer for the Uncharted series. 

Oh, that's pretty cool then :o 

I have a feeling that Sony is building up a new studio to take over the Uncharted IP from Naughty Dog, since Naughty Dog supposedly wants to concentrate on TLOU moving forward. Uncharted IP is too popular for Sony to just abandon, and too important to entrust to 2nd party studios. 

shikamaru317 said:

Former Naughty Dog senior designer for the Uncharted series. 

Thank you, thats is pretty interesting then.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Oh, that's pretty cool then :o 

I have a feeling that Sony is building up a new studio to take over the Uncharted IP from Naughty Dog, since Naughty Dog supposedly wants to concentrate on TLOU moving forward. Uncharted IP is too popular for Sony to just abandon, and too important to entrust to 2nd party studios. 

Yeah, at this point I really can't see Sony letting the Uncharted IP just disappear, they know it's a huge IP and people want it, so it only makes sense that they have a new developer take over... whether or not the games will be better or worse is another question, since Naughty Dog are up there with the best of them, so I actually feel sorry for the next team that works on an Uncharted team, the expectations will be insanely high, lol. I wonder what new IP Naughty Dog will make next... that's interesting to think about in my opinion.

I wonder if Amy Hennig will end up going with Sony (again), that would surely be interesting in regards to the Uncharted franchise too. 

Sony could have put it on E3 to give it more press.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Sony could have put it on E3 to give it more press.

It’s not Sony’s style to flash with new studios on press conferences without actually showing anything from said studios.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Pretty piss poor OP, be nice if you could have added some more. Like some users I also had to scroll through the comments to figure out who he is.

I really don't want a continuation of the Uncharted series, but when has that ever stopped anyone from doing anything?