By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NINTENDO stock -34% since March 2018

quickrick said:
Shaunodon said:

"...However, this is something we expected, so this shift is well within expectations when looking at our software lineup for the entire fiscal year."

What your point here? it's a obvious PR line to deflect from the negative first Quarter numbers, what else are they gonna say? just to remind people WIIU sold 160k WW in 3 months in it's first quarter in 2013 and nintedo forecast remained unchanged. 

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nintendo-q1-wii-reaches-100-m-3ds-32-48-m-wii-u-3-61-m-posts-q1-profit.639993/

You really gonna compare it to the WiiU which just completely failed to lift off?
They have no reason to panic about the Switch, it's a beast. Feel free to keep using whichever Nintendo quote suits your narrative and ignore everything else.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
Shaunodon said:

"...However, this is something we expected, so this shift is well within expectations when looking at our software lineup for the entire fiscal year."

What's your point here? it's a obvious PR line to deflect from the negative first Quarter numbers, what else are they gonna say? just to remind people WIIU shipped 160k WW in 3 months in it's first quarter in 2013 and nintedo forecast remained unchanged. 

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nintendo-q1-wii-reaches-100-m-3ds-32-48-m-wii-u-3-61-m-posts-q1-profit.639993/

I am curious how much do you think they will sell this fiscal year?

Shaunodon said:
quickrick said:

What your point here? it's a obvious PR line to deflect from the negative first Quarter numbers, what else are they gonna say? just to remind people WIIU sold 160k WW in 3 months in it's first quarter in 2013 and nintedo forecast remained unchanged. 

You really gonna compare it to the WiiU which just completely failed to lift off?
They have no reason to panic about the Switch, it's a beast. Feel free to keep using whichever Nintendo quote suits your narrative and ignore everything else.

Umm my point was how meaningless nintendo forcast can be, they 100% knew the forecast goal wouldn't be even close with wiiu yet they still stuck to it.

Tmfwang said:
KLAMarine said:

Did you get this from investors themselves?

You spoke to this person on this website?

Yes, there was a thread here asking how to buy nintendo stock, and I told him not to because I predicted it would go down a lot.

Care to find this thread?

nemo37 said:
quickrick said:

What's your point here? it's a obvious PR line to deflect from the negative first Quarter numbers, what else are they gonna say? just to remind people WIIU shipped 160k WW in 3 months in it's first quarter in 2013 and nintedo forecast remained unchanged. 

same as last year or less.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
nemo37 said:

What would be the floor (or "less") part of your prediction? I am just curious if your overall prediction (based on what we know so far of course) is in the ball park of what I predict (13-15 million).

nemo37 said:
quickrick said:

What would be the floor (or "less") part of your prediction? I am just curious if your overall prediction (based on what we know so far of course) is in the ball park of what I predict (13-15 million).

is that shipped or sold through? shipped i would say 15-17 million. same as yours basically. 

Can we just wait for actual numbers to be revealed before jumping to any conclusions?

quickrick said:
nemo37 said:

is that shipped or sold through? shipped i would say 15-17 million.

My predictions are shipped. Assuming there are no price cuts, no hardware revisions, and no competitively priced hardware bundles (if these are introduced, I would revise my projection upwards), I largely see Switch following the 3DS's trajectory this year.

As much as I like the Switch (it is pretty much the only way I can play due to its portability, so it is my primary system), I am worried about its viability overall. Do you see it reaching 50-60 million lifetime? That is where the adoption needs to be, imo, for it to be viable.

nemo37 said:
quickrick said:

15.5m were shipped last FY. it's going to be more then that imo. I think you're both being pessimistic.

Holidays will be big. I still think shipments will be close to 20m, I thought we might get 18.5m sales to consumers and 20m shipped this FY, maybe 18.5m for shipments is more realistic now.