By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

If the reports are accurate, and Microsoft is offering concessions to get the deal through regulators, its the best outcome Sony could've hoped for outside of the Activision Blizzard acquisition getting outright blocked.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
DonFerrari said:

Can tell you I didn't like DM4 much, and liked DMC more. I'll start DM5 in the next few weeks probably.

Plat the GoW past week and playing some movie interactive games that were on promo on PSN to offload the tension of GmGoW

Yeah, didnt like DMC4 the first time I played it and compared to previous titles, I still like DMC3 more.

Still, its better than DMC2 which was just horrible lol.

I'm planning to play DMC5 in the future too.

Blood_Tears said:

Excellent news for Final Fantasy fans.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/esrb-rates-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-series-for-ps4-switch

ESRB rates Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster series for PS4, Switch
The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated the Pixel Remaster versions of Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy VI for PlayStation 4 and Switch.

This is great news, been wanting to play them on Switch (and get them on PS4 as well).

Shame that there's no Xbox version rated.

Runa216 said:

Kinda weird that it's not also on Xbox since Xbox has 7-12. Seems kinda unfair for them to not complete the set. 

They will likely release it super late like the other ports.

Blood_Tears said:

That’s a much bigger debate overall. I don’t believe 7-12 on Xbox launched day and date with the PS sku’s. I would suspect that they will eventually come over to Xbox in due time though. Then you look at the Japanese side of things where they are pretty much nonexistent in that region. But Square Enix knows where the fan base is at and knows where the consumers are that will purchase these games day 1. I suspect after a year or two SE will take some GP money and do a deal with that. It’s much less riskier that way for them.

They’ve seen the data and have experience with MS now with their JRPG’s either just launching on their system or with their Gamepass platform. It made sense for Outriders on day 1 but Octopath Traveler 2 is skipping it after MS paid for the first. Then you look at games like Star Ocean that didn’t even chart in the Oct NPD on the Xbox side. There are also some Xbox gamers that are outright boycotting Crisis Core (which is coming to Xbox) for example because of the FF7R situation and that’s not going to help this case. 

So I think things going forward are going to be a case by case basis for SE games on Xbox day 1. Financially, it just makes sense for Japanese publishers to do PS/Switch on day 1 for consumers who prefer to buy their games day 1 and then when that revenue starts to saturate over time they know MS will offer from 1 to 100 million dollars for a Gamepass deal.  It spreads out the revenue stream over time for an IP and it’s just a good long term strategy.

Its likely the sales were bad compared to the other platforms which isnt surprising.

But ya I think they will release the titles sometime down the line.

the-pi-guy said:

FF VIII was the same day.

IX was a year and 5 months after.

VII was like 4 years after.

I'm becoming convinced that Square has a random generator between 0 and 4 years that determines when they launch the Xbox version after the Playstation one.

There's no rhyme or reason to when they launch the Switch/Xbox versions relative to the PS version.

Its all about

Blood_Tears said:

This might be the version I will buy depends on the price. I dont mind going all digital but I do have a few PS4 titles that are physical.

I'm likely gonna go all digital for PS5 titles.

Call it nostalgia if you want since DMC3 was the only one I played on the PS2 while I tried the remasters on PS3, but at the time better games existed already, but for me the best DMC is the third one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PotentHerbs said:

If the reports are accurate, and Microsoft is offering concessions to get the deal through regulators, its the best outcome Sony could've hoped for outside of the Activision Blizzard acquisition getting outright blocked.

Well if they were to get CoD on PS+ without paying for it on day one them it would be better than what they have now that they pay for marketing and get the games on plus long after release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Honestly, if CoD really does somehow continue on PS+, that would a rather massive twist in this whole saga.

As for the PS5 disc drive i hope this means a smaller DE PS5. As much as I think the radical design helps it stand out as a gaming console, the DE version is just too big for my set up. I mean, when I am in a position to get a PS5, if that is the model then I'll get it nonetheless.

DonFerrari said:
Blood_Tears said:

This might be the version I will buy depends on the price. I dont mind going all digital but I do have a few PS4 titles that are physical.

I'm likely gonna go all digital for PS5 titles.

Call it nostalgia if you want since DMC3 was the only one I played on the PS2 while I tried the remasters on PS3, but at the time better games existed already, but for me the best DMC is the third one.

Just had another thought about this based on what you said above.

While Sony is inching towards digital more and more, they must understand the importance of core gamers and underdeveloped nations and new customers wanting physical copies. To the point where they realize(d) the importance of physical copies enough that somewhat recently they announced they'd be working on a more proper PS3 BC program.

What if along with a PS5 Digital Slim and a separate disc drive accessory, they also announce true PS3 physical BC?

Around the Network
ConservagameR said:
DonFerrari said:

While Sony is inching towards digital more and more, they must understand the importance of core gamers and underdeveloped nations and new customers wanting physical copies. To the point where they realize(d) the importance of physical copies enough that somewhat recently they announced they'd be working on a more proper PS3 BC program.

What if along with a PS5 Digital Slim and a separate disc drive accessory, they also announce true PS3 physical BC?

Guess you put me wrong in quote, but yes I would like to see a PS5 with bull BC for all 4 gens =p even if I wouldn't bother playing anything in BC kkkk, I rather a good remaster with trophies or even a major remake.

DonFerrari said:
ConservagameR said:

Guess you put me wrong in quote, but yes I would like to see a PS5 with bull BC for all 4 gens =p even if I wouldn't bother playing anything in BC kkkk, I rather a good remaster with trophies or even a major remake.

You didn't say anything specific about that but I thought that was kinda baked into the overall reply.

Sony remakes and remasters have been done quite if not very well, but some people want the originals, pure original, on disc.

I'm just thinking, if PS5 Digital Slim is true, then Sony know they're going to get some pushback, maybe major, but if they also announce true proper PS3 physical BC at the same time, it should help tone down some of what uproar may occur. Especially if the disc drive ain't cheap.

ConservagameR said:
DonFerrari said:

You didn't say anything specific about that but I thought that was kinda baked into the overall reply.

Sony remakes and remasters have been done quite if not very well, but some people want the originals, pure original, on disc.

I'm just thinking, if PS5 Digital Slim is true, then Sony know they're going to get some pushback, maybe major, but if they also announce true proper PS3 physical BC at the same time, it should help tone down some of what uproar may occur. Especially if the disc drive ain't cheap.

They could get pushback if it is the only version, but if the slim have both with and without disk and if this add-on can be used even on the original digital PS5 I would say they would be welcome with praise.

DonFerrari said:
PotentHerbs said:

Well if they were to get CoD on PS+ without paying for it on day one them it would be better than what they have now that they pay for marketing and get the games on plus long after release.

The is not a chance they will get it Day 1 on PS+ without paying for it to be there. They are offering the game to Sony to put on PS+ but that doesnt mean its going to be free for Sony. In fact i bet Day 1 release will be more then Sony is willing to pay as look how much CoD MW2 made in its first week on sale so they would have to take into account lost sales from PS+ subscribers and PS is CoD's biggest platform atm so that would be a lot of lost sales. Imo this is just so MS can say we offered it to them known well Sony wont be able to offered or be willing to offered Day 1 on PS+. Heck i bet thats why the game has never been Day 1 on gamepass since MS most likely where not willing to give Activision the price they would of been asking for day 1 to make up for the loss in sales.

That damn Sony at it again! :)