By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation | an HBO original

Nah, you guys are right. It shouldn't matter whether all activity is gathered in one megathread or instead more individual threads are getting made.
I'll just take a break from the site until things have calmed down a bit. Keep up the good work!

Around the Network

Dude what´s the deal with Miles Morales crashing on PS5?....I got the platinum trophy in Astro and have played around 25 hours in Demons Souls and not a single issue, yet while playing MM I had 2 hard crashes, same thing both times, game freezes and a few seconds later the console shuts itself down, I turn it back on, it says ´rebuilding database', system restarts and gives me the option to send a report to Sony.

Funny that both crashes were during a scene where Miles was just talking to someone, no action...before playing, I thought that if it crashed, it would be during a big fight when a lot was happening on screen at the same time or something, but no... and at least in my case it´s only this game that´s causing trouble.I´ve been playing games developed by Insomniac since the PS2 and had never had problems with their games until now.I hope they´re aware and trying to figure out what´s causing these crashes.

JamesGarret said:

Dude what´s the deal with Miles Morales crashing on PS5?....I got the platinum trophy in Astro and have played around 25 hours in Demons Souls and not a single issue, yet while playing MM I had 2 hard crashes, same thing both times, game freezes and a few seconds later the console shuts itself down, I turn it back on, it says ´rebuilding database', system restarts and gives me the option to send a report to Sony.

Funny that both crashes were during a scene where Miles was just talking to someone, no action...before playing, I thought that if it crashed, it would be during a big fight when a lot was happening on screen at the same time or something, but no... and at least in my case it´s only this game that´s causing trouble.I´ve been playing games developed by Insomniac since the PS2 and had never had problems with their games until now.I hope they´re aware and trying to figure out what´s causing these crashes.

Are you on WIFI or ethernet?

My friend was having issues with MM while connected trough the wifi.

I don't have the game so I can't thoroughly test that

jenpol said:
JamesGarret said:

I´m on WiFi, but MM has no online component that I´m aware of, so what relation could there be?

JamesGarret said:
jenpol said:

I´m on WiFi, but MM has no online component that I´m aware of, so what relation could there be?

Try it with ethernet (or with the WIFI off). We'll see

Around the Network
JamesGarret said:
jenpol said:

Yes, it shouldn't matter at all. That it's not working for you for any reason absolutely sucks. I had crashing problems with Wreckfest on the PS4 Pro, and it took 2 hard crashes and 1 rebuild database for me to quit. No time for BS like that.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Replicant said:

With PS5 just having launched, people are of course spending more of their spare time gaming so it's understandable that this thread becomes less active. Still, it makes me a bit of a sad panda that I'm never able to catch a few updates when visiting. Have to go other places for that.

Ryuu is doing an awesome job with the Xbox thread constantly posting news, rumors, tweets, polls, open questions, etc. I'm not saying this should be updated as regularly but maybe just a weekly news recap or something like that. And this is not to criticise Bristow as he only took the job because no one else volunteered at the time and he was completely clear about not having the time to update the thread regularly.

If I'm longing for more activity, I should just post more myself or request being the future thread OP. Like Bristow, I currently don't have the time though which I guess is the case for everyone. It's a pity though because this thread could be a way to lure more regulars to the site that mostly care about causal PS talk with minimal of the fanboy war toxicity that is present in far too many individual threads. Dunno. I'm rambling. There's probably not much to do.

This is part the reason I have been around less. I mean, it's just the nature of forums unfortunately, but being away and talking among a group with no toxicity, and idiots doing backflips, is SO REFRESHING. At this point, I feel participating outside this thread is ( mostly )undesirable, and also, that VGC brings out the worst in me as it pertains to discussing video games. I have, of course, done my fair share of backflips over the years, but my time away has reminded me that there ARE OTHER WAYS to go about things.

Like, I don't hate Nintendo, but there are omnipresent elements here that made me forget that this is not the case due to their association with that particular company, as well as their proclivity to engage in, just tiring, lowest common denominator fanboy activity. Again, outside of the forums...What I would refer to as "normal discussion" is the order of the day. There is one fellow in a group I'm in that is quite cynical, but it's not related to any platform bias. It's just the way he's wired, and there have been a smattering of clashes as a result.

In addition, I may be a PS guy, but I'm certainly not above giving PS the gears when I feel they deserve it, which I have demonstrated on this thread, and out in the wild in various threads and articles. I don't want to overdo on that front though, as the climate here maybe isn't the best for that type of thing, plus, I don't want to generally annoy with too much bitching. No promises though.

My excuse today isn't lack of sleep, but rage wine. I drank so much rage wine that I had to set my alarm to wake me up at 9pm, so that I could brush my teeth and watch some of the UFC card.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 05 December 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Tbh not much new news to post on PS. People are busy this time of year and new games and consoles out now so less time to post.

Should pick up again next week with VGA and new announcements.

Last edited by hinch - on 06 December 2020

COKTOE said:
This is part the reason I have been around less. I mean, it's just the nature of forums unfortunately, but being away and talking among a group with no toxicity, and idiots doing backflips, is SO REFRESHING. At this point, I feel participating outside this thread is ( mostly )undesirable, and also, that VGC brings out the worst in me as it pertains to discussing video games. I have, of course, done my fair share of backflips over the years, but my time away has reminded me that there ARE OTHER WAYS to go about things.

This. All of it. It's actually fun talking about games on discord, reddit, gamereactor.dk, etc. But on VGC outside this thread it's fanboy war stuff everywhere. I don't know if anything could or should be done but if more people are leaving than joining, maybe it isn't an optimal environment. It's suppose to be fun dammit xD

hinch said:
Tbh not much new news to post on PS. People are busy this time of year and new games and consoles out now so less time to post.

But the same thing can be said about Xbox. That doesn't stop Ryuu from updating the thread multiple times a day.

Besides random casual talk, this is some of the PS related stuff that've been discussed lately on the other sites I've been visiting:
New Crash Bandicoot game hinted, possibly a new Crash PvP like Crash Bash (link)
Astro's Playroom director, Nicolas Doucet, hinting at a sequel (link)
TLOU composer, Gustavo Santaolalla, hinting at future collaboration with Naughty Dog (link)
Demon's Souls locked-door mystery has been solved (link)
- for people loving these mysteries I can recommend watching this video on Shadow of the Colossus (link)
Bluepoint Games is rumored to be developing a remake of Metal Gear Solid (link)
Insider hinting that Elden Ring will be shown at The Game Awards (link)
Dragon Age 4 will be shown at The Game Awards (link)
Dragon's Dogma 2 and new Onimusha revealed in Capcom leaks (link)
Metro 4 has been announced, built in an overhauled engine (link)
Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 gameplay trailer (link), hinted to get a 60fps next-gen patch on day 1 (link)
Jim Ryan hinting at future Game Pass competitor (link)
New patent for scalable CPU/GPU possibly hinting at PS5 Pro or cloud gaming (link)
New patent for PSVR2 reveals support for haptic feedback and possible design (link)
Sony rumored to be nearing acquisition of Bluepoint Games (link)
Take-Two now a racing powerhouse after buying Codemasters (F1, Dirt, Grid, Fuel, Toca) – including Slightly Mad Studios (Project Cars, NFS Shift) and former Evolution Studios (Onrush, Driveclub, Motorstorm) (link)
PlayStation Productions are done filming the Uncharted movie, now ramping up production on The Last of Us TV series and Metal Gear Solid movie (link)
AC: Valhalla on PS5 performs like an RTX 2080 with Very High settings (link), more PS5 benchmarks (link)

I do agree with the idea that this thread brings the advantage of no outside of ps fanbase murking the discussion.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."