By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet (2016) is Insomniac's most successful game

The game launched at $40 so I'd say digital sales have been insane. Doubt it is their highest grossing game but probably the most profitable.

Around the Network

It's time for a completely new Ratchet and Clank game now. I enjoyed the remake, but A Crack in Time and Into the Nexus did things in a way I quite liked.

There was rumor that if the remake did well they would possibly do a "new" Ratchet and Clank game.

alternine said:
I didn't like the 2016 reboot at all to be honest. They neutered ratchets character and turned him into some super go lucky pixar character. They changed the music and they cut great levels from the original. It was also far too easy. I was very disappointed in Insomniac but I know they'll bounce back after how awesome Spiderman PS4 looks. Hopefully that game will take the lackluster reboots place as they're most successful game.

I'm not sure I get this comparison.  I've always felt Pixar had some of the darkest or saddest moments in animation.  Sure, there is also joy, but never struck me as safe saccharine stories.

I hope not only Insomniac tries to reboot the 2nd game, but also get the Future series remastered.

Around the Network

Spider-Man is poised to easily outperform anything they have done. Easily the most hyped insomniac game ever.... my guess is they get sucked into a Spider-Man franchise and become the Spider-Man studio after this...

Nymeria said:
alternine said:
I didn't like the 2016 reboot at all to be honest. They neutered ratchets character and turned him into some super go lucky pixar character. They changed the music and they cut great levels from the original. It was also far too easy. I was very disappointed in Insomniac but I know they'll bounce back after how awesome Spiderman PS4 looks. Hopefully that game will take the lackluster reboots place as they're most successful game.

I'm not sure I get this comparison.  I've always felt Pixar had some of the darkest or saddest moments in animation.  Sure, there is also joy, but never struck me as safe saccharine stories.

Pretty sure if you want to know the negative opinions some people have about Ratchet and Clank 2016 you can just watch Gaming Brit's vid 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kD_QhYgIA4

not that it's right but it seems like a few fans agree with it and i think some of the complaints in the vid might summarize what alternine is saying

Bristow9091 said:
Aura7541 said:
I hope not only Insomniac tries to reboot the 2nd game, but also get the Future series remastered.

I would actually love that, although sadly I can't really see it happening... although never say never, right?

Maybe Sony can get Bluepoint to remaster those games, though they are currently busy remaking another game IIRC.

This was the only ratchet game I played. and I loved it I was hopin they would rerelease the ps3 games on ps4

This one wasn't as impressive for me personally. But glad to hear it sold very well. I hope they continue where they left off with Ratchet and Clank Future rather than doing a Remake of the second game.