By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, in terms of tennis games: Virtua Tennis 4, Top Spin 4 or Grand Slam Tennis 2?

So, for some reason, out of nowhere, I've been wanting to play a tennis video game. So, these 3 seem to be the newest ones (edit: I guess there are newer ones, but these seem to be higher profile than those ones), not including the Mario Tennis games (not that I don't like/want Mario Tennis, just that I have played them before so I know what to expect). I'm not expecting to get anything right away, but in case I do decide to go to a game store I will try to hunt down whichever one you guys would recommend.

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 28 June 2018

Around the Network

Top Spin 4 by far

Ka-pi96 said:
You forgot AO Tennis, that's much newer than any of those 3.

Is it good?

Top Spin 4 for sure

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Is it good?

I've no idea, but it is new, didn't it only release this January or something? I mainly know about it because people drew attention to the AO part of its name, unfortunately it only stands for Australian Open though

Well, if it's new I assume it's costly, whereas I assume the 3 games I listed are probably a lot cheaper.

Around the Network

i know its off topic but this thread reminds are there any good volleyball games on current gen consoles?

I've only played Virtua Tennis 4. The others may be better but I certainly had a great time.

I remember craving for Tennis a few years ago and I tried out both Virtua Tennis and Top Spin. Virtua Tennis was more arcady, so I had a ton of fun with it. Top Spin was a bit more technical. Probably good for people who really want to get into it and perfectly execute every single shot just like they want to.

Now I have that craving again. Gonna have to check out what arcade tennis is there on Steam.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Tennis Elbow 2013. The graphics are hideous, the animations are janky as hell, and the learning curve is steeper than Mt Everest, but it is by far the best Tennis game I have ever played, and the only one that captures the strategy and pure satisfaction of playing the real sport. Plus it has more AI difficulty increments than I've seen in any other game. I highly recomend it if you can get past its negative points.

Smash Tennis on the SNES. It's an oldie, but a goodie.

Well, unfortunately I went to my local used gaming store and none of these games were there, so the hunt is on I guess!!