By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

Again, your claims of microsoft buying the game are based on nothing. Yet you are completely ignoring a trailer on the PSP. Also Tri-ace, the developers have said that they want to make games exclusive to one console.

The game is so far off, why would Sony (or microsoft) be pushing this game? I am sure we will see more at E3 or Tokyo Game Show.

Also, going by your argument, neither Sony or Nintendo have been pushing Kingdom Hearts 3, does that mean it is a 360 exclusive?

I haven't at any point argued that the game will be 360 exclusive. What I have done is provide perfectly reasonable reasons why the game shouldn't just be assumed PS3 exclusive.

There have been a couple of trailers and some information and none of it has mentioned a platform. That is not a common thing.

Bolded part: Actually you did. The first paragraph of Dodece's argument. "If this game was on the PS3, Sony would want us to know about it already. This holds for both PS3 exclusive and PS3/360 multiplatform."

You have provided reasons to why this game won't be PS3 exclusive. I wouldn't call them reasonable.

I didn't say the game would be 360 exclusive?  I just pointed out reasons why it could be.  And they certainly are reasonable. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I have to say...Starcraft just doesn't want to acknowledge the trailers on the PSP. SO4 may not have had a platform announced yet....but I seriously doubt you'd want to advertise for an opposing company's console. Plus, as someone else mentioned...SO4 is far off, it would be silly to start pushing it now.

It could be a Wii exclusive and surprise all of us that think it will be PS3 or PS3/360 multi-platform. The rug could be pulled right under us.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
I have to say...Starcraft just doesn't want to acknowledge the trailers on the PSP

I already did.  Twice.

starcraft said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
I have to say...Starcraft just doesn't want to acknowledge the trailers on the PSP

I already did. Twice.

You seem to be acting like it's nothing at all though. "Oh, I can watch that on my Zune though. Because Square totally intended for it to be on the Zune and didn't give it much thought when they purposely put a password to a trailer of a big game on a Sony platform."

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:
starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

Again, your claims of microsoft buying the game are based on nothing. Yet you are completely ignoring a trailer on the PSP. Also Tri-ace, the developers have said that they want to make games exclusive to one console.

The game is so far off, why would Sony (or microsoft) be pushing this game? I am sure we will see more at E3 or Tokyo Game Show.

Also, going by your argument, neither Sony or Nintendo have been pushing Kingdom Hearts 3, does that mean it is a 360 exclusive?

I haven't at any point argued that the game will be 360 exclusive. What I have done is provide perfectly reasonable reasons why the game shouldn't just be assumed PS3 exclusive.

There have been a couple of trailers and some information and none of it has mentioned a platform. That is not a common thing.

Bolded part: Actually you did. The first paragraph of Dodece's argument. "If this game was on the PS3, Sony would want us to know about it already. This holds for both PS3 exclusive and PS3/360 multiplatform."

You have provided reasons to why this game won't be PS3 exclusive. I wouldn't call them reasonable.

1)I didn't say the game would be 360 exclusive? 

2)I just pointed out reasons why it could be.  And they certainly are reasonable. 

1) Yes you did, by agreeing with Dodece's argument. Dodece's argument says, if SO4 was coming to the PS3, Sony would have already told us, this HOLDS for both PS3 exclusive AND PS3/360 multiplatform. So, according to Dodece and yourself, because Sony haven't told us yet that it is on the PS3, it has to be 360 exclusive.

2) Your reasons aren't based on anything. They are not based on fact, they are not based on anything Square enix, Tri-ace, Sony or Microsoft have said, they are not even based on any circulating internet rumors started by fanboys. That is why I would say they are not reasonable. 

Where as, PS3 exclusivity has a lot more to go on. A trailer on the PSP, previous SO games being Sony platform exclusive, PS3 having a larger user base in Japan. 

You still haven't answered my question about Kingdom Hearts 3. 

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

1) Yes you did, by agreeing with Dodece's argument. Dodece's argument says, if SO4 was coming to the PS3, Sony would have already told us, this HOLDS for both PS3 exclusive AND PS3/360 multiplatform. So, according to Dodece and yourself, because Sony haven't told us yet that it is on the PS3, it has to be 360 exclusive.

2) Your reasons aren't based on anything. They are not based on fact, they are not based on anything Square enix, Tri-ace, Sony or Microsoft have said, they are not even based on any circulating internet rumors started by fanboys. That is why I would say they are not reasonable.

Where as, PS3 exclusivity has a lot more to go on. A trailer on the PSP, previous SO games being Sony platform exclusive, PS3 having a larger user base in Japan.

You are selectively quoting from my comments in this thread.  I repeatedely have stated that it is foley to assume the game is PS3 exclusive, but that that doesn't mean it is 360 exclusive either.  In fact, taken in it's totality, I'm simply pointing out that at this point, we simply don't know where Star Ocean is going.

My reasons are perfectly logical, even if they don't add up to your desired outcome.  I acknowledged repeatedely the PSP trailer, and offered a valid reason for why it may not be significant.  At no point have I claimed to have evidence for what I've said.  I've simply pointed out that, with the information available to us, it is impossible to reasonably declare this game exclusive to either platform.

As for Kingdom Hearts, it will be on the Wii, but as of a few months ago, we were being told it wasn't even in development yet. 

starcraft said:
tombi123 said:

2) Your reasons aren't based on anything. They are not based on fact, they are not based on anything Square enix, Tri-ace, Sony or Microsoft have said, they are not even based on any circulating internet rumors started by fanboys. That is why I would say they are not reasonable.

You are selectively quoting from my comments in this thread.  I repeatedely have stated that it is foley to assume the game is PS3 exclusive, but that that doesn't mean it is 360 exclusive either.  In fact, taken in it's totality, I'm simply pointing out that at this point, we simply don't know where Star Ocean is going.

My reasons are perfectly logical, even if they don't add up to your desired outcome.  I acknowledged repeatedely the PSP trailer, and offered a valid reason for why it may not be significant.  At no point have I claimed to have evidence for what I've said.  I've simply pointed out that, with the information available to us, it is impossible to reasonably declare this game exclusive to either platform.

As for Kingdom Hearts, it will be on the Wii, but as of a few months ago, we were being told it wasn't even in development yet. 

The thing is, you seem to think SO4 is more likely to be a 360 exclusive than a PS3 exclusive. You are right to point out that we don't know where this title is going. But isn't that your whole argument as to why it will be on the 360? The fact that we don't know where it is going yet is because Sony hasn't announced it for the PS3, which means it must be coming to the 360. That is your argument in a nutshell.

Surely you must admit that a trailer for the PSP, is more telling as to which platform it will be released on, then the fact that the platform hasn't been announced yet?

I see that you didn't apply Dodece's argument to Kingdom Hearts 3 (good idea, it is a rubbish argument). 

tombi123 said:
starcraft said:

You are selectively quoting from my comments in this thread. I repeatedely have stated that it is foley to assume the game is PS3 exclusive, but that that doesn't mean it is 360 exclusive either. In fact, taken in it's totality, I'm simply pointing out that at this point, we simply don't know where Star Ocean is going.

My reasons are perfectly logical, even if they don't add up to your desired outcome. I acknowledged repeatedely the PSP trailer, and offered a valid reason for why it may not be significant. At no point have I claimed to have evidence for what I've said. I've simply pointed out that, with the information available to us, it is impossible to reasonably declare this game exclusive to either platform.

The thing is, you seem to think SO4 is more likely to be a 360 exclusive than a PS3 exclusive. You are right to point out that we don't know where this title is going. But isn't that your whole argument as to why it will be on the 360? The fact that we don't know where it is going yet is because Sony hasn't announced it for the PS3, which means it must be coming to the 360. That is your argument in a nutshell.

Surely you must admit that a trailer for the PSP, is more telling as to which platform it will be released on, then the fact that the platform hasn't been announced yet?

I see that you didn't apply Dodece's argument to Kingdom Hearts 3 (good idea, it is a rubbish argument).

If you were to ask me exactly what I think will happen with this title I would tell you this.  SE will put it on the PS3, and Microsoft will pay for it to go multiplatform.

But that doesnt' negate a single thing that I've said.  You realize that the trailer came on a free DVD with an SE PUBLISHED Star Ocean remake?  I doubt if Sony was even consulted in it's production. 

I wouldn't doubt a PS3 exclusive due to the Star Ocean 1 and 2 remakes being on the PSP, instead of the DS, or DS and PSP.

PS3 or PS3/360... then again, maybe Microsoft struck another deal with a Japanese developer.