By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4...which system(s) do you think the game will be released on?

sc94597 said:
dabaus513 said:
Even if it isnt i still feel my other point was a valid reason why it wont be a 360 exclusive. I just brought that point up because it just makes it that much less likely.

I agree it most likely won't come to 360 , but the one with sony owning 8.5% of SE isn't valid. If that was the case DQ wouldn't be on ds.

When it comes to SE deciding what console they want i believe sony has little if any sway, espcially if its a nintendo console but they may try to use some of their influence (what little they have) so that games dont go ms consoles. Then agian i have no idea.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Also, this game was started a while ago, before the Wii became a success so I bet SE had this in mind for the PS3 either way. And why would they let you use your PSP for a trailer for a Wii game? I'd be surprised if it hit the Wii (which it won't).

Where do i get this trailer for the PSP??

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

PS3 exclusive.
I don't think the minimal added revenue SE would get from a 360 release would justify the headache it would create for them in their relationship with Sony.........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I don't claim credit for this idea, Dodoce posted it a while back but I couldn't find the thread:

-If this game was on the PS3, Sony would want us to know about it already. This holds for both PS3 exclusive and PS3/360 multiplatform. Sony is still largely trading on potential as far as games go, ESPECIALLY in Japan where sales are dismal.

-IF the game was on the 360, there would be more reason for Microsoft to hold off on an announcement. As we have seen with Lost Odyssey and to a lesser extent Eternal Sonata, Japanese gamers are immediately discounting amazing Japanese-orientated games when they are announced 360 exclusive. However if you hype Star Ocean 4 non-stop, building up the perception in hardcore Japanese gamer's minds that it is a must have and THEN announce it for the 360, they will be more inclined to pick up the console for the game, rather than switching off.

-It must also be noted that the PS3 has shown NO ability to shift JRPG's in the West, whereas the 360 has shown some (limited) ability to do so. Much of this ridiculous idea that the PS3 can sell JRPG's right now comes from the PS2's legacy.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^^ @starcraft:

yea that explains why you can watch the trailer from your PSP(a sony product),,so that you can buy it for 360 ,,that makes alot of sense ,,,,not lol

The thing is that Sony has learned from their mistakes,,I think it's either PS3 exclusive or mulitpaltform

SE believes in PS3's future according to their developers,,and that's why all of the xbox360 SE exclusives use the unreal engine instead of Crystal engine which is optimized only for PS3 (it's their main next generation engine.)

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I don't claim credit for this idea, Dodoce posted it a while back but I couldn't find the thread:

-If this game was on the PS3, Sony would want us to know about it already. This holds for both PS3 exclusive and PS3/360 multiplatform. Sony is still largely trading on potential as far as games go, ESPECIALLY in Japan where sales are dismal.

-IF the game was on the 360, there would be more reason for Microsoft to hold off on an announcement. As we have seen with Lost Odyssey and to a lesser extent Eternal Sonata, Japanese gamers are immediately discounting amazing Japanese-orientated games when they are announced 360 exclusive. However if you hype Star Ocean 4 non-stop, building up the perception in hardcore Japanese gamer's minds that it is a must have and THEN announce it for the 360, they will be more inclined to pick up the console for the game, rather than switching off.

-It must also be noted that the PS3 has shown NO ability to shift JRPG's in the West, whereas the 360 has shown some (limited) ability to do so. Much of this ridiculous idea that the PS3 can sell JRPG's right now comes from the PS2's legacy.

None of the high profile RPGs have even been released on the PS3 yet(White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII)

Soriku said:
MaximusOptimus said:
Soriku said:
Also, this game was started a while ago, before the Wii became a success so I bet SE had this in mind for the PS3 either way. And why would they let you use your PSP for a trailer for a Wii game? I'd be surprised if it hit the Wii (which it won't).

Where do i get this trailer for the PSP??

lol. I meant you get a password from one of the Star Ocean games on the PSP (IIRC) and then you enter it on SE's site or something and you get to see the SO4 trailer.

SO where do i obtain said trailer and what is the password(if you know it).

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

The trailer's been on youtube for days people, there were already threads about it.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Exactly. I could watch the trailer on a Zune if I wanted too.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Starcraft you crack me up bruh. Ps3 has shown that it cant move jrpgs? Forgive my ignorance but what jrpg's does the ps3 have agian? I know your not talking about folklore because thats an action rpg. Its not like the 360 is selling them by the droves either. I remember a thread not to long ago that had to combine the sales of 2 mistwalker games just to equal 1 million. I usually respect your posts as they give the other side when the SDF is on a roll but lately your posts do not rely on reason but just pure hate for the ps3.

And watching the star ocean trailer is not the same as watching it on your zune. Had SE gone out of their way to put it solely on the zune or a SE zune flash game you have a point, but like most of your arguments as of late you have none.