By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silicon Studio (Bravely series) splits middleware and gaming divisions, Creek and River the new development division

Man, Terra Battle 2 was doomed from the start. I don't know why they would put any thought into supporting Mistwalker's Mobile shenanigans. It's times like these where you'd think a company like Nintendo could step in a help Silicon Studio and help them make an exclusive for the Switch, but I doubt that'll happen. Since Bravely Defualt is Square's IP, perhaps Nintendo could strike up a new IP with them. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

But who knows, maybe Asano does a Bravely Third with this new division.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 24 June 2018

Around the Network

This is horrible news.
I guess this means we wont see any more "breavely" type games of the quality the 3DS had.

"focus on developing graphics engines and middleware for games."
Look at Crytek..... I wish they would just stay with makeing Bravely type's rpg games.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 24 June 2018

RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:

This is horrible news.
I guess this means we wont see any more "breavely" type games of the quality the 3DS had.

"focus on developing graphics engines and middleware for games."
Look at Crytek..... I wish they would just stay with makeing Bravely type's rpg games.

Did you like the Bravely games? Because they weren't particularly good.

They wherent the "best" games ever, but they where enjoyable yes.
Id rather them make more of those, than devote their time to trying to sell others a game engine.

Bravely default is a 85 on metacritic btw, and could have been abit higher tbh, it got alot of 90 scores from reviewers.

Bummer. I was hoping for a Bravely Default game on the Switch.

I don't think this necessarily means the end of the Bravely Series, if Square-Enix and Asano want to make another Bravely game, they can hire the new "Creek and River" company or maybe they can use the division that Square created for Switch games.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:

I don't think this necessarily means the end of the Bravely Series, if Square-Enix and Asano want to make another Bravely game, they can hire the new "Creek and River" company or maybe they can use the division that Square created for Switch games.

Thats what the article says though.
Mobile gameing is too risky, and maybe the 3DS games didnt bring them the "high returns" they wished for.

Their efforts will go into "developing graphics engines and middleware for games" instead.