By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo France shares some numbers and information regarding Switch and some softwares

- Switch is still doing big numbers, they now have high goal for most of their game releases
- Goal is to reach 2 millions sales by the end of this calendar year. It did one million in less than a year.
- Selling 20% more games than last year, software dynamic up YoY
- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze almost above 100k unit sold
- Zelda BoTW & MK8DX are still charting every week
- They only expected 20% of LABO stock to be sold until september, and the remaining part should be sold in the Christmas period. Says that "market curves are different for a toys-like product compared to a standard video game".
- About E3 : they prefered to keep it close, to only talk about games releasing in the coming months. Says that they've got plenty of opportunities to show more, during Japan Expo (July), Gamescom (August) or Tokyo Game Show (September).
- Three big games this holiday : Super Mario Party, Pokémon Let's Go & Super Smash Bros Ultimate. First two are family-oriented games and should bring casual audience to the Switch.
- Pretty ambitious goals for Pokémon & Smash, says that so far public response has been above their expectations.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/secteur/high-tech/2018/06/14/32001-20180614ARTFIG00075-nintendo-vise-les-deux-millions-de-switch-vendues-en-france-en-2018.php

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

It's nice to hear it's doing pretty well in Europe, Nintendo always seems to struggle there.

Johnw1104 said:
It's nice to hear it's doing pretty well in Europe, Nintendo always seems to struggle there.

This seems to be France specific, which, in that case, Nintendo usually performs well there.

OT: Interesting to see slow sales for Labo were "expected" in the beginning. I guess we'll see if their predictions hold true.

NintendoPie said:
Johnw1104 said:

This seems to be France specific, which, in that case, Nintendo usually performs well there.

OT: Interesting to see slow sales for Labo were "expected" in the beginning. I guess we'll see if their predictions hold true.

Yeah, but I think I recall seeing articles about places like Spain, the U.K., and Germany where it's doing rather well.

The Labo thing makes sense to me. For one when it released it seemed almost more like a Beta version (especially the simplistic software) and they only made a lukewarm effort to market it. It definitely seems like a holiday item more than an April item heh

Johnw1104 said:
NintendoPie said:

Yeah, but I think I recall seeing articles about places like Spain, the U.K., and Germany where it's doing rather well.

The Labo thing makes sense to me. For one when it released it seemed almost more like a Beta version (especially the simplistic software) and they only made a lukewarm effort to market it. It definitely seems like a holiday item more than an April item heh

We havent gotten any updates in a few months but we know that Switch did very well in the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, etc in 2017.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

The Switch is still killing it in France.

The Labo thing is worrying...... they should have not shipped a lot then.......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

- About E3 : they prefered to keep it close, to only talk about games releasing in the coming months. Says that they've got plenty of opportunities to show more, during Japan Expo (July), Gamescom (August) or Tokyo Game Show (September).

We'll have to watch news in these months. Maybe more games to fill gaps are going to be announced there.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile