By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think Darksouls and bloodborne will continue?

I think there...

Will be a souls 5 or DS4 0 0%

Will NOT be a souls 5 or DS4 1 5.00%

Will be BB 2 8 40.00%

Will NOT be a BB2 1 5.00%

Will be both 6 30.00%

Will be neither 4 20.00%

Comments/indifferent/middle America.... 0 0%

Total:20
John2290 said:
HoloDust said:

Kinda...you can move around freely to a certain degree, usually after you unlock some door/raise some gate, but I was thinking more of game that has DNA of Souls when it comes to "levels" and open/semi-open world/exploration of typical open-world RPG.

This is my wishful thinking f course, since I believe From is more than capable of creating such game that would not compromise core of what Souls games are, yet expanding on formula.

Maybe but I don't think a ln open world could work. Perhaps a hub world or a cartwheel map setup like GOW could work. Actually ya, now that I think of it it could work that way like shadow of mordor/war bit souls style. One thing they do need to work on in there games though is drop the obtuse, barebones stories. They obviously have the talent for cutscenes and thematically perfect music so with some writers aboard they could flesh out a western style open world RPG with a story and choice with the core of souls. You made me believe :)

I'm fairly certain they could make DS  work as open-world if they don't go big (and pointless, like many modern games), but stick to smaller, more detailed world (insert here obligatory Gothic 1/2, Risen 1 reference). Not sure if they'll ever try open-world, but I'm really interested to see their take on it.

Around the Network

HoloDust said: 

(insert here obligatory Gothic 1/2, Risen 1 reference).

Actually, that could definitely work.

The way they implement shortcuts is incredibly rewarding. Doing away with that would hurt the amazing level design they incorporate in the franchise. Having an open world game with little structure is lazy design in the first place. It takes a lot of thinking the way they design their world.

CladInShadows said:

HoloDust said: 

(insert here obligatory Gothic 1/2, Risen 1 reference).

Actually, that could definitely work.

Yeah - that's what always comes to mind when I think of DS going open-world - well, semi, controlled or structured open-world, whatever is the best label, just like those games.
Unfortunately, most people never played those games, so they don't really know how their worlds are made and automatically presume modern open world RPGs...but the way PB crafted them would really work for DS.