By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Were there any other of you Canadians who made use of the E3 pre-order deals?

Hey guys! So, here in Canada we had pre-order deals where you could get a pretty substantial amount off if you pre-odered certain games!! Mainly on Walmart, Amazon and Best Buy. So I went a bit crazy, but the good news is that you don't have to pay until the games ship and you can cancel at any time. So, this is what I ended up ordering:

1. Soulcalibur VI: Deluxe Edition (PS4) - $40 off
  2. Soulcalibur VI: Deluxe Edition (XB1) - $40 off
  3. NHL 19 (PS4) - $30 off
  4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - $30 off
  5. Sonic Mania Plus (PS4) - $8 off
  6. Spider-Man (PS4) - $30 off
  7. Death Stranding (PS4) - $20 off
  8. Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) - $15 off
  9. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (NS) - $20 off
  10. Metroid Prime 4 (NS) - $20 off
  11. One other game that I will not mention
Unfortunately some games did not seem to have the discount, there were some that I had hoped would be but oh well, I think that was good in any case!

Last edited by VGPolyglot - on 13 June 2018

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
I wanted to get Starlink - Switch version and Daemon x Machina but just like usual. I can't get them because they're still not listed or available ... *sigh*

I had a similar issue with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, took a while until I could finally snag a copy.

I found the listing on Best Buy, $30 off, but it's sold out at the moment:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/starlink-battle-for-atlas-switch-e3-exclusive-offer/12612458.aspx?

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I had a similar issue with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, took a while until I could finally snag a copy.

I found the listing on Best Buy, $30 off, but it's sold out at the moment:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/starlink-battle-for-atlas-switch-e3-exclusive-offer/12612458.aspx?

If it doesn't appear tomorrow, then I'll just wait for their release on D1 instead of buying them online, I guess. 

D1? What is that?

Mar1217 said:
VGPolyglot said:

D1? What is that?

Day one. Sorry shouldn't have used this acronym ...

Oh, I see. Normally I don't get games day 1, but hey, if they are on discount I'll consider it!! Especially since games like Super Smash Bros. and Metroid Prime 4 are Nintendo games and don't tend to drop in price, so it's nice being able to get them cheaper and on day one!