By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I hope PGW/Gamescom or PSX is not an another dive into these games

Am hopeful that later in the year we get new announcements of stuff like the Medievil remake or other smaller projects. possibly whatever studio Japan is making. I do hope its not just the VR game and Rescue bot. team siren must be working on something and the ueda game

Its safe to assume we will be at PGW instead of gamescom again because Sony said they don't like gamescom as its too close to E3. and for PSX well they certainly got a lot of flak for it last year because it wasn't as fun as previous ones.

with not much new announced this E3 even small titles. I'd assume they left that for later on.

Naughty Dog has 400 employees. and some of the TLOU development is done by the visual arts team outside the studio. so they for sure have the capacity to work on two games just like previous times. its fair to assume that the uncharted 5 game is gonna be made by that new team in san diego in collaboration with naughty dog

I paraphrase from the listing they basically said they need people to work on an unannounced triple A very popular title  in association with an another studio. how many Triple A very popular titles currently are. Horizon, Gow, uncharted and TLOU. 3 of these are being developed by known studios. the 4th is definitely uncharted

that leaves space for a new game at ND. could be a new jak game. but I doubt it.

Around the Network

Sony probably won't have a major presence at either Gamescom or PGW because i don't think they have anything big to announce at this point. PSX will probably be used to give updates on Last of US, Ghost of Tsushima and Medieval, and to announce some smaller titles.

melbye said:
Sony probably won't have a major presence at either Gamescom or PGW because i don't think they have anything big to announce at this point. PSX will probably be used to give updates on Last of US, Ghost of Tsushima and Medieval, and to announce some smaller titles.

yes I don't expect anything huge. maybe 1 surprise but thats about it. unlikely tho

am expecting smaller titles from 3rd parties  and probably that bluepoint game

Sony needs to scale back on their conferences... Their announcements are spread too thin.

Teeqoz said:
Sony needs to scale back on their conferences... Their announcements are spread too thin.

I agree. 

the only big announcement in the last two years is ghost of tsushima. 

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
MasterThief said:

I agree. 

the only big announcement in the last two years is ghost of tsushima. 

Knack 2 was announced at PSX 2016! and MedEvil Remake is pretty big for someone like me :(

I really mad about the whole knack thing its a waste of talent. just a bad idea to begin with

excited for MediEvil tho . I hope its more like the ratchet remake. some improved gameplay as well 

twintail said:
MasterThief said:

Am hopeful that later in the year we get new announcements of stuff like the Medievil remake or other smaller projects. possibly whatever studio Japan is making. I do hope its not just the VR game and Rescue bot. team siren must be working on something and the ueda game

Its safe to assume we will be at PGW instead of gamescom again because Sony said they don't like gamescom as its too close to E3. and for PSX well they certainly got a lot of flak for it last year because it wasn't as fun as previous ones.

with not much new announced this E3 even small titles. I'd assume they left that for later on.

Naughty Dog has 400 employees. and some of the TLOU development is done by the visual arts team outside the studio. so they for sure have the capacity to work on two games just like previous times. its fair to assume that the uncharted 5 game is gonna be made by that new team in san diego in collaboration with naughty dog

I paraphrase from the listing they basically said they need people to work on an unannounced triple A very popular title  in association with an another studio. how many Triple A very popular titles currently are. Horizon, Gow, uncharted and TLOU. 3 of these are being developed by known studios. the 4th is definitely uncharted

that leaves space for a new game at ND. could be a new jak game. but I doubt it.

PGW is closer to PSX than GC is to E3. If we are getting PGW again this year then you can bet PSX is not going to be anything spectacular.

There are definitely smaller titles still coming to PS4. MediEvil being unveiled at GC/ PGW makes sense. But I wouldnt be surprised if is kept for PSX depending on other announcements. ND may have the capacity for 2 teams but they wont. At best you will see an offshoot group make lie a Lost Legacy.

Its just as likely that the new team works with the existing San Diego studio.

Anyhow, Sony still has the initiative in China so I think its at lest possible you see them try promote that stuff outside of China. But it depends if they will publish these games for an international market. Maybe PSX is where they are shown.

china is already a bigger market than japan despite the low console sales

japan doesn't buy western games. china does. GOW shipped like twice as many in china

MasterThief said:
Bristow9091 said:

Knack 2 was announced at PSX 2016! and MedEvil Remake is pretty big for someone like me :(

I really mad about the whole knack thing its a waste of talent. just a bad idea to begin with

excited for MediEvil tho . I hope its more like the ratchet remake. some improved gameplay as well 

And I agree with you on this to an extent. At this point, Knack is more known for the jokes. Otherwise, it's a very middling IP and doesn't have much growth potential. If Cerny asks Sony if he can make Knack 3, I hope Sony has the balls to tell him no and have Japan Studios work on a new IP since a new IP may have the potential to do well and become a viable franchise.

Please don't make Knack 3 a PS5 launch title 

Aura7541 said:
MasterThief said:

And I agree with you on this to an extent. At this point, Knack is more known for the jokes. Otherwise, it's a very middling IP and doesn't have much growth potential. If Cerny asks Sony if he can make Knack 3, I hope Sony has the balls to tell him no and have Japan Studios work on a new IP since a new IP may have the potential to do well and become a viable franchise.

Please don't make Knack 3 a PS5 launch title 

knack is one of the worst IPs to ever get a sequel from Sony

its just a shitty game. its a terrible concept just like you said has no growth potential. because its terrible

like you can polish a turd and make it look nice. but its still a turd.

MasterThief said:

knack is one of the worst IPs to ever get a sequel from Sony

its just a shitty game. its a terrible concept just like you said has no growth potential. because its terrible

like you can polish a turd and make it look nice. but its still a turd.

Had Knack started off like Knack 2, then perhaps it can keep going. However, this situation is similar to The Order 1886 (as less expensive version of it, that is). The negative reputation is too much for the franchise to overcome that hurdle which will limit its growth. First impressions are very important.