By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Did PUBG get a complete makeover?

John2290 said:

Like I said before there is no way in hell anyone, outside of LUBGcorp, has any currently released build of the vanilla game running to look like it does it that e3 trailer. Even on the beefiest of systems it looks janky and unpolished, nothing close to what is shown in that trailer. Have a closer looks and the buildings, textures, animations etc. Practically looks like a cg trailer next to the base game but like I said before its most likely running the best build they have on the most expensive rig they have and polished in post. 

There is no way PUBG will look that good on the X unless they've put serious money and time into updating their shit and they'd be fools at this point in the battle royale game to pump money into PUBG. 

I know, and I said that you do not need a 5k pc to run the game.

Also, if we're going to pick on their showing of the game trailer, then why don't we pick apart all the other game trailer bullshots?. People ragged on about JC3's frame rate, but no one is asking "what's the FPS on JC4 Square?".

The game will never look all that great on X, because that console is not in the same league as a well specced PC, and even then, it has to make it's own compromises, just like the other consoles have to. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

If PUBG went F2P it would have as many players as Fortnite.

John2290 said:

I thought we were discussing wheter the game can be run in vanilla and look like that. Hell a 700 euro rig can run PubG fairly smoothly, a frigging Iphone x can even though it's overpriced hardware its still a feat.

And yeah. It could have looked that good if it was developed right from the start or the early money was combined with talent and drive. It's an unoptimized mess. If talented devs are given reign over a game on X it could blow anything on PC out of the water. Just look what some Sony devs have done with the PRO or even the OG PS4, GOW, detroit, Horizon even on OG they compete with PC but on PRO they top most games if not all that have released. I feel like we've gone done this road before so I'll leave it there. 

And the difference between PUBG and others games showing bullshots is they are not finalized yet and have of them aren't in the stages of development to make any decisions regarding how the final game will look versus how it'll run so they show the best outcome. Yes, it's a prickly strategy that can bite them in the ass but it's the smartest one. We've come to see who does show BS graphical overkill and who doesn't though and some companies have learned and stopped it like Ubisoft. PubG is a released game, we know how ot looks and runs,it's polishing an already dried out turd and trying to sell it as a gold nugget here. Shady as fuck. After looking a bit closer on my TV the trailer isn't all too polished though, it's the jump cuts and editing that tricks you, they only show enough so you don't see how janky it is then switch scene and repeat and then style up the transitions. 

The point is the are promoting t for the X and basically saying it'll look better and run better but they show an edited, polished trailer. Shady. 

Yes we were, I tossed in JC3 because people factually ran into perf issues on both consoles and PC, but again, from this take of JC4, you don't see anyone asking "what's the frame rate like"?.

The game was made right from the start. It just didn't go crawling to make a deal with either of the big 3 (No one has to when you have other venues to choose from). Bluehole are not exactly known for premium AAA visuals and quality performance, not going by their track record. 

Why would their talent "blow anything on PC out of the water"?. Why does that have to be a thing?. Why not just make a good game and let people enjoy it.

The way they "compete" has basically shown themselves as a company that will "forever surpass" anyone else. We can point out something coming to PC within the next 5 years and it'll be "blown out of the water" before or even after it releases. We've had a thread on the original Crysis and it "doesn't compare" to anything Sony has.

I don't see why MS has to pull this veil over it's head that it is a god that cannot be surpassed, when it will be by the competition. Competition ends ups with different people at different stages in each race, rather than the same race being told over and over again where only one person wins and it's supposedly the same person each time. MS can just makes games for people on both markets. They don't have to do the silliest thing and try to make amends to their forgotten PC community, only to go "screw you" and give it yet another decade of bad times. That just doesn't work, and it seems stupid to think that way from their pov. They want to sell towards both PC and Xbox, not make Xbox exclusives and say "we care about PC" and then do absolutely nothing for it.

Even if they went with their old philosophy of making exclusive that suited Xbox and exclusives that suited PC, we'd still end up with something that looks great on both, rather than just one side. 

Honestly, the way Epic's strat has only worked, is mainly because Tencent gave them all the advice. All that advice from a massive company, that likes having it's grubby fingers into every other market and sees us as nothing but "whales". It worked out for them because they listened to a company that knows how to give someone the run around and milk them for all their worth. Why ask for advice from a street thug when you can pay for sound advice from an actual legit professional con artist, who knows how to swindle properly. I would always choose the pro who knows what he's doing over the street thug, because I know the chances are high that the pro con artist has better chances of success over the street thug's. 

I don't think PuB is shady as fuck. I just think it looks like a typical BR shooter clone, just like how I see FN as a goofy kids BR clone. I think both are utter tripe and a stain on gaming, because it's gotten AAA companies trend chasing for the fat stacks of cash, rather than actually being interested in making a uniquer game, that sets it's own trend, rather than trend chasing. It's the reason why I hate trend chasing, because the company behind Dawn of War III was chasing that Moba hype (that has more or less become far less popular than it was 5 years ago), and as a result, the game played like a merged Moba/RTS game and it flopped. Look at Cliff trying to chase Overwatch and then the BR genre, both flopped and he closed up shop. He had unique and merged ideas that haven't been done before, but instead he chose to trend chase the fat green stacks O' cash.

Honestly, there are a lot of trailers out there that don't really give us the 1;1 ratio of 100% accurate gameplay out there, especially ones that never change from a year of being shown, to it's final release. Early access games nail that easily, but that's not a good thing.

They already mentioned that they are working on optimizing for both PC and the X, so it's hardly shady when they are still currently working on it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

the trailer is meant to show off the new map. it does look quite a bit better, BUT remember that the actual game is not like that. there will not be huge explosions everywhere and huge amounts of people all fighting at once.

John2290 said:

Just out of curiosity have you played any games of the big exclusives on PS4 lately? Not watched someone play for a few minutes on a stream or in person but actually delved into them with hands and eyeball on gameplay? And as you mentioned making a fun game they are FUN. I lost a week of sleep because GOW was so much fun and it was on my mind like a drug until detroit hit. Haven't gotten that into gaming sense I blow off three or four days of college glued to GTA5.

It's not just graphics,its everything from gameplay to feel, to story, VA, audio tech 3d binaural and all. Everything is elevated. That's why i mention talent focused on the X is better than any budget no matter how beefy but give the talent money and a focus on one system as with what MS seem to be heading for and the stars align. I can't wait to see what these new studios achieve with the X and the new hardware if they come even close to the quality sony are hitting it'll be strides ahead of third party and their current work. PC gamers will also be benefiting because it's a sure fact MS will do timed exclusivity as always even if its a year or two to be safe on serving the console owners insecurity. 

Fingers crossed. The competition is needed. Nintendo were bringing it but now they're back to slacking off and trying to fuck themselves over at every corner.

No, because I am not interested in the PS4, let alone it's 1st party titles, the same way I'm not all that interested in MS's. I'm only interested in 3 of Nintendo's 1st party IP's. 

eyeball on gameplay?. We have to view everything with our eyes, that's how we visually register any media we take in. I watch a decent amount of folk on youtube that game, but the majority of them end up playing games on Switch and PC. There are only a few on my list that play the odd exclusive 1st party games on their channel, but those are streamed few in number.

I've played plenty of fun made games over the past few decades, it's not something that only one company can do mind you.

The one game that has held me all these years would have to be Minecraft. A game that is both fun and creative. A game that allowed me to meet new people, make new friends and forge new experiences, and that was all from one indie game.

I've been playing GTA V with friends, but thanks to R*'s MP focus, the online world feels like a boring and tedious grind, which is why me and my friends play it a lot less. The story of GTA V and the fetch/kill missions don't set my world on fire either.

There are games out there that aren't going guns blazing with raw visual graphics, but instead with gentle warm colors and a unique art style. Soundtracks are also important to the flow and feel of a game audibly. 

MS's goal in mind is to use Xbox as a bridge between multiple systems, some of which they own a stake in or sell towards. They want their their own unified eco-system, where they sell to a market they control, and that involves Xbox consoels and Win 10, rather than just Xbox consoles.

I'm honestly waiting to see what games they make, and what hardware they decide to lessen it down to.

I'm not sure about them flying past third party titles. There are quite a few nice looking and fine detailed/artistic third party games out there.

I don't see how PC benefits. It's more likely to MS's benefit. I don't benefit from timed exclusivity, as I get nothing out of the deal, but a game limited to what the console could handle, not my actual hardware, and I won't be getting mod support or a lower price, let alone extra content for having to wait a year or two (at this point PC gamers have been waiting for Halo to return for years, as well as the rest of the gears games landing on PC).

Competition is needed, but not the kind that serves one party. I don't like the kind of competition that involves a sacrificial whipping boy, designed to make the other look good.

I don't know how Nintendo are slacking off and "fucking themselves over".

Around the Network
John2290 said:

You're missing out. It's the forefront of gaming at the moment in the same way PC was in the 90's and 00's. The bar for quality is sky high in every aspect of gaming making and they keep one upping themselves. Can't understand how anyone would not be interested in at least one title PS4 has or has in the works...i mean death stranding...daym.

Also, as a PC gamer how can you not be interested in Xbox? They are basically building their games for both platforms and the quality should be raised now with the new studios. 

By nintnedo effing themselves over I mean they started the switch strong but keep making stupid decisions like falling of on store curation, not helping third parties make price parity with other systems by taking a hit themselves until they have a footing of third party titles, killing the virtual console in favour of a weak ass subscription online service, continuing to not support lets players for free publicity, keeping their saves locked to cloud to sell the online,a focus to mobile shovelware on the switch obviously attempting an android like digital space but failing..eh. The list goes on and on. 

Missing out?. How can I miss out on something I have no interest in?.

I find the "missing out" part as a highly subjective one, rather than the people saying it thinking it is objective. 

I don't really see it as being the forefront of all gaming. We have many different markets, each that please and marvel different audiences, all at the same time. 

Their bar is how they set it. The bar I set is asking for more, and so far it has yet to be met (if it ever will be in this lifetime).

I dunno, but there are 7b+ of us on this planet, and well, all 7b+ of us all don't have a PS4, so it's not really a thing for everyone, the same way it sin't for MS or Nintendo and even PC and mobile. I know 56 people at work that I talkm to daily, who aren't interested in the PS4, let alone other systems. 4 of them are far younger than me and are more interested in going out, dating, going to Uni etc. The other two are about my age, one of them games on PC, the other games on Xbox. There is one colleague though, she bought her son a Switch, and she does know Nintendo a fair bit (she's an oldie gamer from the Pong days), that she is interested in playing the Switch, as she had previous owned a 3DS.

Two mates of mine in the next town over own a PS4, but they only bought them for MHW and FFXV. They primarily game on PC, and already own XV on PC, with MHW going towards their future wish list on Steam. Both of them own a Switch like me, but they use theirs far less than I use mine. 

Death Stranding looks alright, but I've seen Kojima's work before and the man in general has become more of a Tony Stark (the show off kind), which has put me off his work over time. Also I really do appreciate the visuals of Endor on Battlefront 1-2, just like CGI does. I think third party publishers can make great games. They just have to not resort to petty schemes if they want to win me over.

It's simple, because I'm not interested in their eco-system. I don't care for XBL, nor do I ever want to pay for it. I don't care for GWG, because I have access to multiple storefronts that both give me free games and allow me to greatly reduce the prices of new upcoming ones. I don't like the Win 10 storefront at all, let alone how it operates and how it stifles the modding scene on their end. 

I don't see any reason to buy their console, when I have already invested a chunk of my money into something I wanted for years, which was a good PC and monitor. Quality is subjective, and it can be raised and lowered at any point in time. Just because they bought up these studios, doesn't automatically mean they will be multi billion dollar sellers, or billion dollar premium cream of the crop quality. I'm also aware that they will be speccing for what the console that they market can handle, rather than people who use the PC. Yes they also need to spec for those low end PC gamers, but there is a point that CGI brought up in another thread, and it is that high end hw is not really being properly utilized.The more under utilized my hardware is with their games, the less likely I am to want to buy from them.

You see people asking about pro and X1 support over the net right?. That's basically me asking "can you make use of my 1080ti and i7-6700k please?". ESO online uses 2 CPU cores, and as a result, it runs like arse on higher end GPU's. CPU speed is basically the saving grace, but not everyone is going to want to PC their CPU just for that MMO, which should have aimed at supporting more than 2 cores.

What I'd want to see from MS and these newly acquired studios, is them aiming for both the spec of the X1 (which will eventually be the lowest end system in time with a PC anyway) and a high end PC, rather than just base X1, slightly something for X1X, base support for low end PC hw and then nothing for high end. If both game versions look so identical, that shadows and draw distance are all that separates them, then clearly the high end hw is not being utilized fully, and as a result it becomes a waste for some people. 

Nintendo are highly likely to get their curation under way, far faster than Valve will with Valve time. Not sure what price parity has to do with third party and competition. We just saw yet another game and DLC from Ubisoft, that shows a third party working with Nintendo. They are making deals and gaining fast support from third parties now than they have done in the past (when they didn't force it with an iron fist). Their weak ass sub service is honestly just emulating what the other two were doing. Charging for online and locking content and access behind it. There was a time when Nintendo and Sony didn't charge for online.

Nintendo doesn't support LP's, but neither does Atlus and to a degree Arc sys. Quite a few Japanese companies dislike user broadcaster media, because they cannot control it, let alone how it flows. 

Nintendo still put a focus on their Switch userabase, as well as mobile. They give their IP's to someone that can make something the mobile market and it's users will play.

The cloud saves is about the one thing that cannot be excused or forgotten, but I don't see Nintendo being worse or screwing themselves over. 

John2290 said:

Ouch.

To each there own. My opinion though, Sony is the forefront right now and it's a shame an avid gamer should miss out on it. Although I will say besides for basic human compulsions, you need to try something to first gain an interest in it so ruling it out is silly that way,same goes for anything in life if you don't try it you'll never know but from dialouges I've had with you on here you seem set in your ways.

Sorry, sometimes I get a bit caught up in talking about that sort of subject, so It tends to get long-winded. 

For me, no one really is at the forefront. There are just games that appeal to different people with different tastes. I don't miss out on the turn based games that are coming out or that already are, because I/'m not a massive fan of them. Anything visually appealing to me has me highly likely to want to grab it on PC, where I can crank up the settings and modify the game, to make it look/run better for me. 

I feel like people are missing out for not investing into PC gaming or paying more attention to it, but I know that not everyone is into PC gaming, just like how not everyone is into console/mobile/handheld gaming. 

Not everyone needs to try something to know about it. We use things like taste, touch, smell, hearing and dedication to judge things. I don't ened to physically go out and buy a PS4 and a game, just to get me to think I want the game. I know so by watching gameplay, learning what the game is about, what tech is behind it etc. 

Also, I'm sure 100% of people out there would not want to try death voluntarily, because to know something by that logic, would be having to try death out, yet we don't because we know from visual experiences as well as others like deduction. 

I am set in my ways because I know what I like. I am not the kind that likes to go "surprise me", because often or not, I'm not all that impressed, because it's not something I like or something that makes me want to yawn. This is why I greatly dislike ads of any sort, even gaming ones, because I know what I want, I know where to go to look for it and I know when I want it. I go over what the big 3 do on a yearly basis and the only one out of the 3 that remotely interests me is Nintendo, and that is only for 3 IP franchises.