By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shout Factory: Chojin Sentai Jetman Coming To DVD September 25.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/super-sentai/273502/choujin-sentai-jetman-coming-to-dvd

The first release of a pre Zyuranger Sentai is coming to home media thanks to Shout! Factory.

For a long time the pre Zyuranger stuff had pretty much been officially kept out of North American hands. Back in the mid 2000's the home media company Media Blasters attempted to license the pre Zyuranger seasons but were blocked by then Power Rangers owner Disney. It's great to see Shout! Factory is finally bringing us even more classic Sentai

No word on why Jetman was chosen for release but it is a fairly popular season with fans. Will Shout now work backward with the pre Zyuranger Sentai seasons? Will they skip around? We do know they're continuing to release the seasons that were adapted into Power RangersGaoranger is up next, but this is bold new territory for the company. 

Around the Network

As a Super Sentai fan, I'm pretty pleased that they're finally releasing a pre-Zyuranger season and this particular one is a good way to start.

For those who don't know, this is one of the more "mature and dark" Sentai seasons, even though it, like Power Rangers, is aimed towards children.
The opening and ending themes were composed by Hironobu Kageyama, most well known for the opening themes of Dragonball Z, "Cha-la Head Cha-La" and "We Gotta Power."

I might try to pre-order it when I can..though the price is kinda steep around $50-60..

Though I gotta say, its kinda weird seeing an OP about Sentai here since this is the first time I've seen one about Sentai/Power Rangers related (outside of maybe the 2017 PR movie).

Last edited by Kai_Mao - on 10 June 2018

Kai_Mao said:

As a Super Sentai fan, I'm pretty pleased that they're finally releasing a pre-Zyuranger season and this particular one is a good way to start.

For those who don't know, this is one of the more "mature and dark" Sentai seasons, even though it, like Power Rangers, is aimed towards children.
The opening and ending themes were composed by Hironobu Kageyama, most well known for the opening themes of Dragonball Z, "Cha-la Head Cha-La" and "We Gotta Power."

I might try to pre-order it when I can..though the price is kinda steep around $50-60..

You know your material I see. Kageyama did indeed sing the opening. And one of my favorite songs by him.

And it’s currently up for preorder for $47.99 on the shout website.