By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Release Calendar Thread?

I thought this might be a good idea. We could have a thread where everybody posts known release dates to games they are looking forward to. After that OP makes and edits a calendar, with all the games listed. People could vote on what games they were looking forward to, and the games with the most votes would get highlighted on the calendar. So the more anticipated a game is by the community, the easier it is to see. 

Anyway, I'm willing to do the work if the mods approve it. Thoughts?

Around the Network

Well, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have such kind of thread. Between games being announced years in advance and the usual delays, some times it gets hard to know when a game is releasing.

Also, you wouldn't need to make the voting part. You could use axum's Most Wanted thread as a reference for that.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CGI-Quality said:
That's the gist of what you want to do?

Make something like OpenCritic's release calendar, only way more extensive and up to date. http://opencritic.com/calendar I'll add the obviously anticipated games first, and then leave what else gets added up to community voting. So games like RDR2, Spiderman, and Smash Bros. would get added right away. Lesser known games such as new IPs would get added after receiving ten requests from individual forum members to have those games added. That way the calendar is full of just games that people actually want, and isn't a bloated list like this: https://www.pcgamer.com/new-games-2018/

CGI-Quality said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Make something like OpenCritic's release calendar, only way more extensive and up to date. http://opencritic.com/calendar I'll add the obviously anticipated games first, and then leave what else gets added up to community voting. So games like RDR2, Spiderman, and Smash Bros. would get added right away. Lesser known games such as new IPs would get added after receiving ten requests from individual forum members to have those games added. That way the calendar is full of just games that people actually want, and isn't a bloated list like this: https://www.pcgamer.com/new-games-2018/

I'm liking the sound of it. Perhaps give me a rough look at how it should look (in a post). Just so I can have a visual idea.

I would do it like this. For days that have multiple releases, I would make a new box like I've done here. This way we get a descending calendar that can have as many as 5 games on it in a single day without it looking like a cluttered mess. We would start with the first of the month, and then go down from there. See how July 2nd, is below July 1st? Well next would be July 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. So the calendar would consist of columns for the dates, and rows for the games in those dates. 

P.S. I know the DBZ image needs to be resized a little, and I know the PS4/Switch logo is cutting off the borders a bit. I'll clean that up later, if this becomes official. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 10 June 2018

CGI-Quality said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I would do it like this. For days that have multiple releases, I would make a new box like I've done here. This way we get a descending calendar that can have as many as 5 games on it in a single day without it looking like a cluttered mess. We would start with the first of the month, and then go down from there. See how July 2nd, is below July 1st? Well next would be July 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. So the calendar would consist of columns for the dates, and rows for the games in those dates. 

-pics

P.S. I know the DBZ image needs to be resized a little, and I know the PS4/Switch logo is cutting off the borders a bit. I'll clean that up later, if this becomes official. 

Looks good! So, whenever you're ready, you can make it!

Awesome! Can you post a blown up verion of the white background XB1 logo you guys use for the charts? That fits way better, than the green background logo that MS uses.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Awesome! Can you post a blown up verion of the white background XB1 logo you guys use for the charts? That fits way better, than the green background logo that MS uses.

That ?

Yes, thankyou!