By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy in 1080p on Tegra X1

View on YouTube

I really hope the official Nvidia shield emulation (region locked to China) leads to Switch ports of Wii games in 1080p (docked) and 720p (undocked). I want SMG1+2 on my Switch.

Last edited by Conina - on 09 June 2018

Around the Network

1920x1374, how strange. Why they put tiny borders at the top and bottom is beyond me.

It should run 1080p on Switch fine then, even with the lower clocks. 

Barkley said:

1920x1374, how strange. Why they put tiny borders at the top and bottom is beyond me.

It should run 1080p on Switch fine then, even with the lower clocks. 

Maybe the Tegra OS needs the extra power? I guess that, if Nintendo decides to bring it to the Switch, they will personally optimize it to get those details right.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Yeah, this emulation programme would be great on Switch - it would open up the GameCube library as well as the Wii. Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Galaxy 1&2, Metroid Prime Trilogy, F Zero GX, Super Mario Sunshine, Melee, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Eternal Darkness - there's a pile of games that I'd love to have on Switch. Whether or not Nintendo utilise this on Switch is another matter, though.

i dont think its a single step process, but this does show that Nintendo is capable of outputting some pretty impressive emulators on Nvidia hardware, the same thing the Switch runs on. my bet is that theyve got something in the works to bring all of their previous console games to the Switch, like a re-branded, more complete VC

Around the Network

So Switch can emulate GC and Wii games ?

I hope Nintendo will bring this emulator to Switch also, playing Wii and GC games over this emulator on Switch would be great.

There is literally no reason why Nintendo can't put these on Switch