By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley and YouTube plan 16 hours of live coverage at E3 2018

Producer Geoff Keighley and YouTube plan 16 hours of live coverage at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) next week in Los Angeles.

E3 has become the biggest show for gamers, and Keighley (the host of The Game Awards) has teamed up once again with YouTube to bring out special guests in a livestream at E3. Those guests include popular Twitch streamer Tyler “Ninja” Blevins and music producer/DJ Marshmello.

Now in its fourth year, YouTube Live at E3 is part of a multiyear content deal between producer Geoff Keighley and Google’s YouTube.

“E3 is a huge moment for the video game community, and this year we’re excited to bring together game developers, content creators and fans for a two-day celebration,” said Keighley, in an email.

The show will feature 16 hours of live programming across two days, Sunday June 10, and Monday June 11. Coverage begins Sunday, June 10 at 12 p.m. Pacific time.

The show will include YouTube’s top gaming creators including Ali-A, AngryJoe, Boogie2988, iJustine, MatPat, TypicalGamer, Vikkstar, and many more. And the show will have world premiere game demos, exclusive interviews with top game developers, and live simulcasts of major press conferences from Xbox, Bethesda, Ubisoft and Sony PlayStation.

Blevins will join Keighley as a special guest host on Monday, June 11. Ninja, who famously played Epic Games’ Fortnite with recording superstar Drake earlier this year, has amassed over 12 million YouTube subscribers to date.

Recording artist Marshmello will also join “YouTube Live at E3” as a special guest for a live Let’s Play with Ninja, and debut his new track “Tell Me,” from the forthcoming album Joytime 2, releasing June 22, as the theme of YouTube Live at E3.

“YouTube Live at E3 will anchor a full week of E3 coverage on YouTube, the biggest platform for gaming video in the world,” said Ryan Wyatt, global head of AR, VR and Gaming Content and Partnerships at YouTube. “All our E3 content, including Geoff’s show, will be accessible through a special event page at http://www.youtube.com/e3.”

https://venturebeat.com/2018/06/04/geoff-keighley-and-youtube-plan-16-hours-of-live-coverage-at-e3-2018/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Oh right, I forgot about YouTube at E3, I guess we're in for some more cringe

Geoff really fixed tags in the past couple years

Dammit TGS 

You mean people watch youtube livestreams?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

Yeah, they work great on the PS4. I used to struggle with my PC at 720p but now I can watch them perfectly well on my PS4 at 1080p. Things have improved over the years. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
kirby007 said:

Yeah, they work great on the PS4. I used to struggle with my PC at 720p but now I can watch them perfectly well on my PS4 at 1080p. Things have improved over the years. 

Ah i mean i tend to open twitch for these kind of events

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Ah i mean i tend to open twitch for these kind of events

My PC crashes even when I watch Twitch at 720p and for some reason I just can't get it to work on my PS4. I've tried everything but when I go to a live event I just get a splashsceen. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Hmm... not sure what i'm gonna watch. If they stream the conferences as well it might be a good place to watch in. Though i am expecting corporate bs in there as well.