By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019

Interesting final predictions by some of you.

Around the Network
Round of 16

30th June

Uruguay W Quarter Finals

Portugal
6th July

Uruguay

30th June
 France W

France W

Semi Finals

Argentina

10th July

France

2nd July

Brazil W

Brazil W

Mexico
6th July

Final

Brazil W

15th July
2nd July
 Belgium

Brazil W
 Belgium W

Spain
 Japan

1st July

Spain W

Russia
7th July

Spain W

1st July
 Croatia

Croatia W

Denmark

11th July

Spain W

3rd July

England

Sweden

Third Place
 Switzerland W 7th July

France W

Switzerland

England
3rd July
 England W

Colombia

England W

Some of these are really tough and can go to either team, I'll probably have to edit a lot. Scores for tomorrow:

Uruguay 1 - 1 Portugal (Uruguay goes to QF by penalties, my heart > my brain)

France 2 - 1 Argentina 

Poliwrathlord said:
pastro243 said:

I wouldn't bet on Portugal winning in the penalties 

Why not? They did it in Euro 2016 when it was demanded. 

I admit I forgot about that, I remembered this and the fact that Uruguay seems like a team that would miss less than Portugal

I thought I was going against the grain by predicting Switzerland to beat Sweden, but according to betting odds they are actually the favourite.

RolStoppable said:
HomokHarcos said:
I thought I was going against the grain by predicting Switzerland to beat Sweden, but according to betting odds they are actually the favourite.

The odds don't surprise me. Switzerland played well against two quality opponents while Sweden wasn't as convincing. I don't think anyone considers Mexico to have played well against Sweden, so the result of that game doesn't have much weight.

I actually had written Sweden while I put my post together, but then changed to Switzerland. I can't let my bias for Sweden blind me.

Oh, and you were right about Poland in 2002.

I was also right when I said Poland would certainly beat Japan. Sweden are a pesky team, that's the game I'm looking forward to the most since it's pretty even. If Mexico could actually top their group for once they would have a better matchup. In their Round of 16 streak they finished second 5 times facing Germany, Argentina, Argentina, Netherlands and Brazil afterwards. The two times they managed to finish first they got Bulgaria and the United States.

Around the Network

Sweden without zlatan behehehe glorious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

RolStoppable said:
okr said:
Interesting final predictions by some of you.

Hinterfotzig.

Nö, ich mein‘s ernst. Interesting predictions. If I’m not mistaken, people here predict as world champions: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Columbia, Croatia, England, France, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay. All over the place, no clear favorite this time.

I‘m still surprised that so many people here thought Germany would defend the title. It‘s next to impossible to defend the World Cup, the pressure is just too much today. I can enjoy the tournament more now that they are already out. I have no doubt anyway that Germany would have lost to Brazil in the next round or to Belgium in quarter final at the latest. And hey, we already have our fourth star (won in Brazil of all countries, it can‘t get better than that), no need yet for a fifth, every ~20 years is okay for me. I hope Löw resigns next week (as well as a few of the 2014 champions such as Khedira and Müller).

I for one never make predictions but here are my hopes:

If we get a 1st time champion, I hope it will be Belgium* (then I hope for Columbia, then Portugal, then Croatia)

If we get a 2nd time champion, I hope it will be France (then England; Spain would be okay as well if Ramos wasn‘t part of the team)

If we get a 3rd time champion, I hope it will be Argentina (Uruguay would be okay as well if Suarez wasn‘t part of the team)

If we get a 6th time champion, this would be a bit boring, but I think every WC title for Brazil is deserved by default

A World Cup win for any other country - SUI/MEX/JAP/SWE/RUS/DEN - would be a surprise almost on the level of Greece@EURO2004.

(*this would be a bitter outcome for many Dutch fans, but hey, your team missed 3 chances over the last 4 decades; and never forget, your fantastic Euro champion team of 1988 with van Basten and Gullit was not only Europe’s but the world’s best national team of that year)

Last edited by okr - on 29 June 2018

I messed up the final prediction

France V Croatia

France Champions

I’ll be optimistic with these predictions this time around. I hope I’ll end up being right.

Advancing to quarterfinals:

France
Uruguay
Brazil
Belgium
Spain
Croatia
Switzerland
Colombia

Advancing to semifinals:

France
Brazil
Spain
Colombia

Third place: France
Winner: Brazil

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I'm changing my predictions because I think I overestimated Columbia last time...

Round of 16

30th June

Uruguay (2) W Quarter Finals

Portugal (1)
6th July

Uruguay 1 W

30th June
 France 0

France (2) W

Semi Finals

Argentina (1)

10th July