By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%

Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%

Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
Wyrdness said:
Solskaer doing an impressive job all 20 seasons after he scored that crucial goal.

Don't you think you're jumping the gun a bit here? I mean, United have dominated against two relegation fodders & very poor Bournemouth at home. Kinda expected of this squad even if my granny was their manager. They haven't been put to a test yet.

Must say they've been playing some nice flowing football and players look happy. Mourinho must be a one hell of an asshole as a boss heh.

Around the Network

Right that's New Years weekend, Liverpool maintain momentum, Tottenham seem to blew their load with their two prior wins, City reclaim second, Chelsea get back to winning and Utd's metamorphosis into a different team continues, highlights:

- Firmino's hat trick, being a defensive striker which is a unique approach to the role has defenders unsure on how to deal with him as he's plays deeper than other strikers in front of the defence almost like a support forward but springs into position in an instant.

- Tottenham being Spursy, this team have a habit of bottling it when it counts and Wolves seemed to remind everyone of that this weekend.

- Wtf Mourinho, the way Utd are playing asks more questions of their former manager as every player who struggled under him is playing out of their mind at the moment and these are games where they were dropping points in before as well. Rashford's assist, Martial's Henry like cross, Pogba commanding games and Lukaku scoring almost seems as if Solskaer is a miracle worker or Mourinho straight up didn't want to win.

- City set up a crunch match, the 3rd is when they face Liverpool and it's a match of significance as at one point people were saying City to win the league now they're 7 points behind. Historically City have not been that good at chasing teams who build a a good gap between them they've more been a team that get ahead and run away with it which is why defeat is not an option for them.

KiigelHeart said:
Wyrdness said:
Solskaer doing an impressive job all 20 seasons after he scored that crucial goal.

Don't you think you're jumping the gun a bit here? I mean, United have dominated against two relegation fodders & very poor Bournemouth at home. Kinda expected of this squad even if my granny was their manager. They haven't been put to a test yet.

Must say they've been playing some nice flowing football and players look happy. Mourinho must be a one hell of an asshole as a boss heh.

The same relegation teams were beating them or drawing before.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 30 December 2018

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:
almost seems as if Solskaer is a miracle worker or Mourinho straight up didn't want to win.

Yeah, judging from that post-match conference after the Liverpool defeat it looked quite obvious from both Mourinho's words and attitude that he wanted to get fired. Probably a result of him not being allowed to get the players he wanted in the summer, so he just decided to sabotage everything, because well, it's Mourinho, what more would you expect.

It's looking very much like that because it's almost as if it's not the same team if Solskaer can get these results against teams he was dropping points against then it calls Mourinho into question.

Wyrdness said:
KiigelHeart said:

Mourinho did beat Bournemouth away & didn't play Cardiff & Huddersfield. He also beat Fulham 4-1 not long ago. 

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
Wyrdness said:

Mourinho did beat Bournemouth away & didn't play Cardiff & Huddersfield. He also beat Fulham 4-1 not long ago. 

He also drew 2-2 to Southampton, lost 3-2 to Brighton, lost 3-1 to West ham, drew 0-0 to Palace, was knock out the cup by Derby. If we look at last season he lost to West Brom, Newcastle, Brighton, Huddersfield and drew with Burnley, West Ham and Southampton.

His tactics would work against bigger teams as they were suited to stopping play but against smaller teams who don't come out to attack you'd get these random results.

Okay curious move by Chelsea they've bought Pulisic for £57m from Dortmund who plan on buy Thorgan Hazard who is on fire to replace him, it's curious as Chelsea sold the latter for cheap and have a buy back clause.

First games of the new year yesterday's games were pretty straight forward despite Arsenal fan's dig at their team, today's game we have Chelsea drop points against Southampton leaving their position in the top 4 shaky with Arsenal and Man Utd not far behind them (3 and 6 points). Speaking of the latter I think we can confirm their former manager just didn't want to win games because he wasn't allowed to spend another 100m+ in the summer as every player who struggled under him seems fine now, Lukaku scored again with his first touch and even Sanchez played well amazing what not insulting your players before a game and letting them do more than pass sideways does.

Significant match tomorrow.

They obviously sacked Mourinho with this favourable run of fixtures in mind. Four winnable games to help the new manager settle. I believe they play Spurs next. Let's see how they get on there.

Big clash today.