By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ronaldo is on another level to Messi

Who's the greater player?

Messi 17 60.71%

Ronaldo 11 39.29%

Total:28

The first player to 3 peat in the modern champions league era... He has completely dominated the past 4 season in terms of individual trophies, CL trophies and individual stats. He wasnt great today, but his leadership made a difference and he leads the CL again in goals by a wide margin. He'll probably win Player of the year again this coming year. He's absolutely dominated Messi the past 5 years and I dont think it's even close anymore, all time. Who do you think is the greater, career to career, if compared right now?

Last edited by contestgamer - on 26 May 2018

Around the Network

Reported

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@kirby007 For what exactly? Preferring Ronaldo is an offense now?

Last edited by contestgamer - on 26 May 2018

Ka-pi96 said:
Reported for trolling.

So expressing an opinion that ronaldo is better than Messi is trolling now? Are you seriously such a blind fan of Messi? It's fine to disagree, but to call it trolling is ridiculous.

Lol he ain't even close.

Around the Network

In the field i prefer Messi but in real life and as a person Ronaldo 1000000 times better then Messi especially how he behave and how he helped a lot of poor kid.

Did he play the final? Lmao

Ka-pi96 said:

Edit: Only if that other level is LOWER...

hmm... Messi ahead in all the good stats, Ronaldo ahead in all the bad ones...

The only stat that matters is winning. 3 straight CL's, a European cup which he single highhandedly carried them to (finals not withstanding) etc. Intangibles and leadership are more important than raw numbers. Ronaldo creates a winning team culture that elevates every teammate and organization member. That matters more than stats because it directly leads to winning in a team sport.

Ka-pi96 said: 

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts Qualification or relegation
1 Barcelona (C) 38 28 9 1 99 29 +70 93 Qualification for the Champions League group stage
2 Atlético Madrid 38 23 10 5 58 22 +36 79
3 Real Madrid 38 22 10 6 94 44 +50 76

Yep... Messi's the man

Also, doing this through edits because I don't want this thread on my buddy anymore.

Ronaldo has twice the goals of Messi in this year's CL ;), gj picking the stats which you wanted to. He also an international trophy with a Tier 2 team, and 3 back to back CL wins is something that Messi is never going to do. 

Agreed. Ronaldo has as many champions leagues as Liverpool. That's an amazing feat. Also a euro champ.