By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Sony acquires stakes in EMI Music Publishing for $1.9 billion deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/21/sony-to-buy-emi-music-publishing-from-abu-dhabis-mubadala.html

They could have atleast saved $30M for The Legend of Dragoon remake with that money. smh Sony.😑

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network

This isnt a smart thing for them to do. Their music division is one of their only proifitable business (Next to obviously their gaming division and now their Movie division seems to be doing better with Jumanji and Homecoming) but this is a big investment for a company that was in trouble just a few years ago. hope they know what they´re doing.

Mcube said:
This isnt a smart thing for them to do. Their music division is one of their only proifitable business (Next to obviously their gaming division and now their Movie division seems to be doing better with Jumanji and Homecoming) but this is a big investment for a company that was in trouble just a few years ago. hope they know what they´re doing.

No its a smart thing for them to do, its not like buying a TV company or computer company, i.e where profits can change significantly because of outside influences. Sony is buying digital content effectively. In the age of streaming etc, content is king. I just wish they would buy some movie companies and provide a single PS+ platform that had games, movies and music all included (the true Netflix of streaming).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Mcube said:

No its a smart thing for them to do, its not like buying a TV company or computer company, i.e where profits can change significantly because of outside influences. Sony is buying digital content effectively. In the age of streaming etc, content is king. I just wish they would buy some movie companies and provide a single PS+ platform that had games, movies and music all included (the true Netflix of streaming).

That´d be a great idea actually combining all their entertainment divisions in one subscription for their movies, music and PSNOW and stuff. Still not sure about this deal. It seems like alot of money to spend I dont know how profitable the EMI label was alone so maybe I shouldnt judge I just wasnt expecting them to expand their music division of all things. 

Who listens to music nowadays anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Correction: Who pays for music nowadays. 

Mcube said:
vivster said:

Spotify alone has over 70+ million (paying) subscribers. Apple Music has around 40 million.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Mcube said:

Spotify alone has over 70+ million (paying) subscribers. Apple Music has around 40 million.

You can pay for music now? Damn, modern technology makes everything possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mcube said:
vivster said:

I do, anytime music is played in a movie. Some one is paying. 

Tmfwang said:
Mcube said:

Pretty sure alot more people listen to it for free then. Anyway it was supposed to be a joke as I do actually pay for my music (LP´s, Spotify, Albums) probably should have added /s behind it.