By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Games to provide $100million for Fortnite eSports prize pools

Fortnite Competitors!

Grab your gear, drop in and start training. Since the launch of Fortnite Battle Royale we’ve watched the passion for community competition grow and can’t wait to empower you to battle with the best.

In the 2018 - 2019 season, Epic Games will provide $100,000,000 to fund prize pools for Fortnite competitions. We’re getting behind competitive play in a big way, but our approach will be different - we plan to be more inclusive, and focused on the joy of playing and watching the game.

Stay tuned for more details about competitive structures and eligible platforms in the weeks ahead!

Source: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/epic-games-will-provide-100-000-000-for-fortnite-esports-tournament

Around the Network

Thats a lot.It shouldnt take much more time before the prizes rivals those that traditional sport players are payed.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

A waste of money in my opinion, Fortnite is not a great esports game. It's fun watching people fuck around on stream when they're playing vs less skilled players, but once you make it into an esports then people are going to play too passively.

Normal fun tournaments are the way to go, instead of making it an esport.

areason said:
A waste of money in my opinion, Fortnite is not a great esports game. It's fun watching people fuck around on stream when they're playing vs less skilled players, but once you make it into an esports then people are going to play too passively.

Forcing people to move around and kill each other is quite easy, instead of just ranking players/teams solely on their placement you need a ranking system which gives players/teams points for each kill.

poklane said:

areason said:

Forcing people to move around and kill each other is quite easy, instead of just ranking players/teams solely on their placement you need a ranking system which gives players/teams points for each kill.

And that would go against the point of the game which is winning.

You don't see Dota tournaments ranking teams based on the kills they got, it's about winning. Same thing goes for football, you can have 20 percent possession 1 shot and still win the game.