By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Game Category is Best? A, AA, AAA? Japanese? Western?

Which is most important to you?

Western A 0 0%

Western AA 4 14.81%

Western AAA 8 29.63%

Japanese A 0 0%

Japanese AA 7 25.93%

Japanese AAA 7 25.93%

Something else! 1 3.70%

Total:27
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Ugh...western people love to compare one asia country to  combined all  western countries. 

That's just like a 1 vs 11 football game.

+ Russia

That aside.

If both are same quality.

Basically I prefer japanese game.

Given the absolutely massive presence Japan has in gaming overall, I wouldn't say the comparison is that unfair.  After all, they have 2 of the big 3 console manufacturers, as well as several prominent studios that can compete with western gaming overall.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
1. Japanese AAA - Nintendo's existence makes this the only logical choice for first place.

2. Japanese AA - Also plenty of Nintendo games in this category, plus third parties are much better in this category than Japanese AAA.

3. Western A - Japan doesn't have much of an indie scene, so the West can book an easy win here due to its sheer number of countries and developers.

I understood that I am not required to pick only one of each letter category, so my choices being that way is mere coincidence.

We spent a while trying to parse out which Nintendo properties belong in which buckets: AA vs AAA.

Which ones do you see falling into the AAA category?

Depends on my mood to be honest. I mainly play AA and AAA for both western and Japanese styles.

I will very rarely play a A game though. I enjoy retro gaming so I find little need for them personally. I can appreciate them for what they are though.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Right now ? Easily Western AAA, just absolutely top tier and impeccable craftsmanship but most of all the developers behind them are very good at what they do too ...

Coming in second place would be Japanese AAA and third is Japanese AA since Western AA is no man's land ...