By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's OFFICIAL Crysis Thread

Would it be unfounded to say that some screenshots of this game look better than 2?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Would it be unfounded to say that some screenshots of this game look better than 2?

Nope. Cry2 took steps back and even the most talented modders couldn't get it to look better than what we could in the original.

I heard conflicting things about that so thanks for clearing it up. What about 3? I remember that being pretty good looking.

Regardless I really need to get around to owning this one some time. 

Crisis 1 was amazing. The open ended level design killed the newer games

Bristow9091 said:
I've never actually played the first game, although I've played the second which didn't really do anything to wow me, in fact I actually got incredibly bored with it and gave up before finishing it, both on PC and PS3 (Yeah I have it twice, lol), and that in turn put me off even thinking about trying the third game... but the first game has always interested me simply because people STILL talk about how good it was/is, and it still looks absolutely amazing graphically, whether it be vanilla or with mods... it's sort of how I still think Far Cry 2 holds up really well due to the physics, interactions and AI, despite malaria being one of the worst things ever in a game, lol.

You're not missing out on anything, the beauty of this game is only skin deep. The only thing thats remembered about this game is it's graphics. As you've probably already gathered judging by this thread.

TranceformerFX said:

You're not missing out on anything, the beauty of this game is only skin deep. The only thing thats remembered about this game is it's graphics. As you've probably already gathered judging by this thread.

I also remember the physics. Throwing around just about anything you could find and destroying almost every building in the game wasn't only fun as heck, it also gave you one hell lot of options how to play the game. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly no master-piece. But it's also not only the graphics that was good about Crysis.

It's a shame that they cut down the physics so extremely hard in both 2 and 3. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Good thread by the way.

Crysis was an awesome game, with the best graphics, great physics and a nice story. It got 91 points in Metacritic, the best of the 3 Crysis. It was more advanced in many ways than Crysis 2 and felt more open world than 2 and even 3. The graphics are still better than many other modern games. The physics too. Too sad that they went with the call of duty formula with Crysis 2 meets COD... I guess consoles couldn´t handle the original one as they should have. The original one was not a masterpiece on its narrative, but it was an awesome game and people who like realism in games should play it. In the first chapter, when the dark fades and the sun appears at dawn I remember thinking, ohh my... this is it with open eyes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-why-crysis-still-melts-the-fastest-gaming-pcs-10-years-later

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/crysis

It was really visually great game - unfortunatelly, for me, it was pale attempt of replicating greatness of Far Cry 1, especially second part of game, and to add insult to injury, it was piss easy even on highest difficulty due to suit modes.

Mod Edit ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 11 May 2018

I thought the game-play was somewhat confusing - stealth and chaos, short and long range combat all at the same time.

BTW can a GTX1060 3GB run these mods at 1080p?

Last edited by numberwang - on 11 May 2018

Crysis 3 "welcome to the jungle" part of the game is the most beautiful I've ever witnessed in the game.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3