By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SQAURE ENIX E3 showcase 2018 announced

shikamaru317 said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

I'd like a port of Nier:Automata to a console I own. I know it's not happening, but I'd like it a lot. As long as I get a KH3 release date, I couldn't care less what else they talk about. Though... a new Deus Ex would be nice...

Actually: http://www.godisageek.com/2018/05/nier-automata-headed-xbox-soon-report/

New Deus Ex isn't happening yet sadly. Square had Eidos Montreal make Shadow of the Tomb Raider instead of the 3rd game in the Adam Jensen Deus Ex series, since Crystal Dynamics was busy with the Avengers game.

Oh, I'm all too aware that we're not another Deus Ex for a good long while. Just something I'd like to see eventually. We'll see about that Xbox port, but I'd love that. Nier: Automata is the single biggest reason for me to get a PS4, and considering how many games I still have to get through on what I already own plus future stuff that will consume hundreds of hours of my life like Smash, KH3, and Fire Emblem, I want to delay getting a PS4 for as long as possible.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Wyrdness said:

They have quite a bit to improve on tbh in regards to DE as the last game felt rushed.

Very true. Mankind Divided was a bit of a disappointment. Only 1 hub city compared to 2 in Human Revolution. Reused animations from Human Revolution, many of which were already dated in 2011. Very few returning characters from Human Revolution. Very little progression on Adam's personal story from Human Revolution. Disappointing cliffhanger ending. Probably for the best that they take their time on it, would be nice to see the final Adam Jensen game next gen. 

I think they need to look back at both HR and the original to see where they went wrong, many of the abilities were not only null and void but the game offered little in the way of diverse approach of the mentioned former 2.

Can't wait to see all those PS5 games that they will announce and to know KH3's release date, finally.

Megaoverlord12 said:

I'd like a port of Nier:Automata to a console I own. I know it's not happening, but I'd like it a lot. As long as I get a KH3 release date, I couldn't care less what else they talk about. Though... a new Deus Ex would be nice...

Just curious, but what made you go for an XBO over a PS4 in the first place? 

shikamaru317 said:

The last time they did an E3 show a few years ago they had alot of games as I recall. This year they have:

-Kingdom Hearts 3
-Octopath Traveler
-Shadow of the Tomb Raider
-World Ends With You HD
-FF7 Remake (possibly)

Thing is, all of those could be shown on other E3 shows. Microsoft supposedly has the marketing rights for Tomb Raider so they could show it at Microsoft's conference. They could show KH3 and FF7 Remake at Sony's conference as they have in the past. Octopath and World Ends With You could be shown in the direct or during the treehouse. So why have you own conference? They must have multiple new games to announce. Fingers crossed for Sleeping Dogs 2, the Sleeping Dogs movie is coming next year and it would be great if they had a new game to go alongside it.

You can include the crystal dynamics avengers game as well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

My predictions

-kingdom hearts 3 playable trailer
-shadows of the tomb raider playable
-octopath traveler
-left alive trailer with release date
-Final fantasy 14 stuff
-final fantasy 7 trailer

I guess we'll see some kind of confirmation on whether those rumors about FFVIIR development troubles were true or not. I'm already sold on Octopath Traveller so I'll try not to spoil things for myself. Overall, I'm mostly looking forward to any surprise announcements, as long as they aren't for games that wont come out in the next 5 years of course...

I make game analyses on youtube:

FFVI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSO6n8kNCwk

Shadow of the Colossus: https://youtu.be/9kDBFGw6SXQ

Braid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7tZiowT_qM

Bristow9091 said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Just curious, but what made you go for an XBO over a PS4 in the first place? 

Few reasons, though the first reason is likely around 99% of it. 

1. Most of my online multiplayer experience is with a small group of friends of mine. I go where they go, and while 2 of them might get a PS4 eventually, one is a hardcore Xbox fan. Probably the main reason he got a 3DS and is getting a Switch is because my group of friends is hardcore Nintendo. This friendship was forged in the fires of years of Halo online in the 360 era, so getting them to switch would be difficult. I'm relatively shy, thus I don't go through forums or stuff like to find people to play with, so I play wherever they play for multiplayer.

2. Even though Halo 4 disappointed I was hoping 5 would get me back. I was bitterly disappointed. Not a bad game by any stretch, but there's a reason I played Halo during the 360 era and not CoD. Halo 4 and 5 personify that reason. Gears 4 at least didn't disappoint. I know that game isn't exactly beloved because it's considered just more or the same, but that is peeeeeerfectly fine by me. It takes a lot for more of the same to bug me with a game.  

3. Some misguided notion of brand loyalty I'll admit. I still hold to it that, on a system level, Xbox One has better features than PS4, like backwards compatibility and cross platform multiplayer. I have some admittedly petty amount of animosity towards Sony and some of their decisions. Their lack of cross platform multiplayer just reads like pure greed to me, though I'll be the first to admit that if Microsoft were in Sony's position they might do the exact same crap and that Sony has more and better exclusives.

4. That being said, there haven't been too many exclusives that I needed for PS4 ESPECIALLY when I got my XB1 in 2014. Sure now there's games I actually care about with Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, Nier: Automata, and Horizon Zero Dawn, but in 2014? 2 of those were just announced, and the other 2 weren't known. And even if I got a PS4 right now, those would likely be the only games I got, and I have enough games as is with what I currently have and what's coming up.

5. Kingdom Hearts III was confirmed for Xbox One. If KH3 was a PS4 exclusive, I'd be a veeeeeery sad person.

I'll admit that for someone who already has a group of PlayStation fans to play with, or for someone who plays predominately single player games, PS4's the better choice, but Xbox One's better for me at this time.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Megaoverlord12 said:

3. Some misguided notion of brand loyalty I'll admit. I still hold to it that, on a system level, Xbox One has better features than PS4, like backwards compatibility and cross platform multiplayer. I have some admittedly petty amount of animosity towards Sony and some of their decisions. Their lack of cross platform multiplayer just reads like pure greed to me, though I'll be the first to admit that if Microsoft were in Sony's position they might do the exact same crap and that Sony has more and better exclusives.

There is crossplatform  multiplayer on the PS4. 

DragonRouge said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

There is crossplatform  multiplayer on the PS4. 

I guess I should've specified, cross platform play past PC and PlayStation. Being able to play across Xbox, Switch, and PC is nice, and pretty much all signs point to Sony being the reason why PlayStation and Xbox cross play is not a thing. Willing to be proven wrong of course.