By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted May Results Thread

I wonder why aren't Battlefleet Gothic Armada II and Age of Empires IV higher on the list? Are this kind of games not that popular anymore? AoEIV has the problem of W10 exclusivity, though. It's a shame the game is going to get buried because of that.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I wonder why aren't Battlefleet Gothic Armada II and Age of Empires IV higher on the list? Are this kind of games not that popular anymore? AoEIV has the problem of W10 exclusivity, though. It's a shame the game is going to get buried because of that.

I'm not voting for AoE IV because it's WIn10 and because we know absolutely nothing about it. I hope they show in action this E3, either at the MSoft conference or during the PC Show (if there's one).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I'm not voting for AoE IV because it's WIn10 and because we know absolutely nothing about it. I hope they show in action this E3, either at the MSoft conference or during the PC Show (if there's one).

They kinda have to. Microsoft hasn't said a thing about it since its announcement, and it is one of their few really big platform exclusive games they currently have. After the AoE Remaster was poorly received (TBF, the HD version of AoE II was also poorly received at first) they have to convince people this is a project still worth the anticipation, and even more so without Ensemble Studios at the head of developement.

Darwinianevolution said:
JEMC said:

They kinda have to. Microsoft hasn't said a thing about it since its announcement, and it is one of their few really big platform exclusive games they currently have. After the AoE Remaster was poorly received (TBF, the HD version of AoE II was also poorly received at first) they have to convince people this is a project still worth the anticipation, and even more so without Ensemble Studios at the head of developement.

I still hate them for killing Ensemble.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I miss Ensemble too. Now we'll never get a proper sequel to Age of Mythology, with seven or eight different pantheons duking it out. At least the AoE II expansions are quite decent, but AoM... isn't. At least from what I've heard. The negative comments for that chinese expansion are awfully negative.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
JEMC said:

I miss Ensemble too. Now we'll never get a proper sequel to Age of Mythology, with seven or eight different pantheons duking it out. At least the AoE II expansions are quite decent, but AoM... isn't. At least from what I've heard. The negative comments for that chinese expansion are awfully negative.

All those heroes and God powers turned me off from Mythology.

The expansions of AoE II HD are good but not that great. Imho, it's better to get them while on a sale.

Glad to see Octopath almost at the top.
I don't know if Aonuma announcing that they are working in a new Zelda is considered an official announcement to start voting for Zelda Switch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

JEMC said:
Darwinianevolution said:

All those heroes and God powers turned me off from Mythology.

The expansions of AoE II HD are good but not that great. Imho, it's better to get them while on a sale.

AoM is not nearly as deep or strategic as AoE II, but it compensates with visual spectacle (and they kinda broke the balance of the game with the atlanteans having so any god powers). It's like Dawn of War in a way. And I also got the AoE II expansions during sales. :)

Darwinianevolution said:

The votes for PC games don't usually land on a high spot here.

That and AoE IV is exclusive to Win 10, so that doesn't help.

Yaaaasss at Dragon Quest being in the top 10!