By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TrailBlazers - (PS4/XB1/Switch) a Sleeper Hit?

What do you guys think? Sleeper hit?

yeah, maybe if word of mouth is good. 3 75.00%

No, game looks trash. 1 25.00%

see results. 0 0%

Total:4

So I just saw a trailer for it, and I thought.... wow this actually looks good.
Im kinda surprised by how little marketing theres been for it, I suspect few have heard of it, when I could see this being a smash hit.

What is Trailblazers?
Well from what I can tell, its a  kart racer in a wipeout style, thats got a splatoon like "colouring" element, and a art style like boarderlands (steampunk).

Sounds fun right?
Theres co-op online multiplayer/rankings, and thus strategic elements in it (you run faster on your colours, and you paint the track when you run over it). Thus it "can" pay off to play the tracks sub optimally (longer routes/slower routes) if the other team hasnt bothered to deal with your "paint".

A co-op team based racer, with strategy elements..... how often do you see that?  Its fresh.

It looks beautiful too imo.

Obviously Nintendo has Mario Kart..... but PS4 & XB1 have been missing something like this, havnt they?
Could this be a big hit? or will poor marketing keep it down?

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 02 May 2018

Around the Network

Seen people Nick-name this Splatoon-Kart on youtube lol.

also has Split-screen :)

Trailer:

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 02 May 2018

Depends on how it feels. Only very few car games have ever perfectly nailed car handling.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It doesn't look like it has anything going on apart from this mechanic though. I want powerups!

It might be good, it might be shallow and boring also.

vivster said:
Depends on how it feels. Only very few car games have ever perfectly nailed car handling.

This isnt a simulation car racer.... this is a co-op team vs team based Kart Racer.
Like you dont expect Mario Kart, to play like a simulator, its just good fun.... which is what this is aiming for.

If nothing else, I thought Nintendo fans would think this fun, because of the splatoon like twist to it.

Around the Network

If the controls are well-received, I could see this being a big sleeper hit.

JRPGfan said:
vivster said:

This isnt a simulation car racer.... this is a co-op team vs team based Kart Racer.
Like you dont expect Mario Kart, to play like a simulator, its just good fun.... which is what this is aiming for.

If nothing else, I thought Nintendo fans would think this fun, because of the splatoon like twist to it.

I said handling, not realism. The few racers I consider perfect are in fact kart racers and Rocket League.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

When is it coming out, looks very nice

Rab said:
When is it coming out, looks very nice

I think this month? Im not even sure.. lol.

If the controls are decent it has a chance. I might check it out, when does it release?