By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Is Not A Masterpiece ...

To the OP: Yawn....

You may dislike the game, as it is within your rights. Don't play it. Don't bother us about it. No one, literally, cares about your opinion.

❌ Moderated (Flaming) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 26 April 2018

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Title Changed.

Why? Isn't the subjectivity of the title obvious enough?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
CGI-Quality said:
Title Changed.

Maybe not to others. Don't want to parade the title off as if it were facts. I guess the same difference if someone said this game is a masterpiece. That would also be an opinion. Hmm...

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

StokedUp said:

Haha dude I’m glad I’m not as serious and fussy as you, man I’d hate to Be playing a game but constantly being annoyed at slight details like a boy shouting “are we going to fights that thing”

Maybe have a Beer when playing and it might relax your mood a bit and you’ll be able to enjoy gaming even more!?

As I keep saying, I am not the person who called it a masterpiece or compared it to TLOU. For a narrative driven game to be compared to TLOU, it has to live up to the highest possible standards and GOW didn't. I don't play games with this level of scrutiny all the time, just those that promote themselves as scrutiny worthy. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Rafie said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Maybe not to others. Don't want to parade the title off as if it were facts. I guess the same difference if someone said this game is a masterpiece. That would also be an opinion. Hmm...

The problem with the narrative beats are an absolute fact. The subjectivity only applies to what other people use as a criteria for deciding whether a game is a masterpiece or not.  

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't love it. Some games just don't click with some people and that's cool. Personally, I absolutely love it. It's early to say, since the game is so fresh in my mind. But right now it's one of if not my favorite games of all time.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

GribbleGrunger said:
Rafie said:

The problem with the narrative beats are an absolute fact. The subjectivity only applies to what other people use as a criteria for deciding whether a game is a masterpiece or not.  

Mmm no they aren't.

I think you misread the beginning of the troll fight by the way. First off, the line isn't "Are we going to fight that?" It's "We're going to fight that?" And the way he says it isn't in excitement, he's surprised and a little worried. It's not "We get to fight that" it's "How are we supposed to fight that."

Last edited by Normchacho - on 26 April 2018

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Mmm no they aren't.

It is a fact whether you disagree or not. Much of the narrative structure in GOW is broken to the point of silliness. Out of interest, when the boy starts hacking at the troll, what did you take from what he was saying?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Normchacho said:

Mmm no they aren't.

It is a fact whether you disagree or not. Much of the narrative structure in GOW is broken to the point of silliness. Out of interest, when the boy starts hacking at the troll, what did you take from what he was saying?

There is no objective way to measure the quality and structure of a narrative. You're just putting too much weight behind your opinion.

*I added this next bit to my last post but I moved it her so it's easier to respond to."

I think you misread the beginning of the troll fight by the way. First off, the line isn't "Are we going to fight that?" It's "We're going to fight that?" And the way he says it isn't in excitement, he's surprised and a little worried. It's not "We get to fight that" it's "How are we supposed to fight that."

Him hacking at the troll is the first time we see his anger. We see him lose control and show us a glimpse of his internal conflict that's going to play an important role over the course of the rest of the game.

They even show you the build up to that scene DURING the fight. As the fight goes on he starts to get noticeably frustrated to the point where at one point Kratos says "control yourself boy" and Atreus responds "I'm FINE, kill it!"

I honestly think that more than anything else you just needed to pay more attention during that whole encounter.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

MTZehvor said:
deskpro2k3 said:

An absurd comparison is only fitting for an absurd argument as seen in the contents in the OP when paired with the thread title. it's boarder line joke thread material. I can't believe people is taking this seriously, but I do have to say bravo, this is a great way to earn points.

Everything that's included in the OP, at the very least, has been thought out and explained reasonably well, and doesn't appear to be just trolling. If you're going to call it a joke, you could at least elaborate and explain why you think it's not even worth considering. Otherwise, you sound like you're just dismissing his opinion because it doesn't line up with your own.

Grab a chair, let me explain something;

The OP claims the narrative/dialogue has inconsistencies, and he gave us a line from Atreus. 'Are we going to fight that thing?' Consider the fact that Atreus is a child, probably not older than 12. Would a kid say something like that when he and his parent is faced with danger? I don't know what could be going through the kids mind at that point, but I would imagine the answer would be yes given to the fact that Atreus is a child and is looking at Kratos for guidance.

The OP claims the map is the worst. Trust me, I've seen worse. Besides that, the game is not a fully open world game, the lay of the land is nearly straight forward. Would a prettier map help? No it won't.  Trust me, I know joke threads.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 26 April 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5