By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty Black Ops IIII Development Is A Disaster

Pemalite said:
Snoopy said:

Not good numbers at all

...That's millions of gamers.

If the campaign is fun, people will play it.

ArchangelMadzz said:

I got ghosts on the cheap second hand and played for a week and sold it, same with WW2 except it took almost a month.

BO3 was great, played that game throughout the year. Advanced warfare was good for 2 months until all the issues became known and I couldn't stand playing it anymore. And I completely skipped and didn't buy Infinite Warfare, but from what I've seen of it it was terrible. 

At this point I can tell whether I'd like a COD or not without playing it. 

Ghosts was the last CoD Campaign I actually completed. Holy crap were the visuals bad.
The story was just the same tired rehashed rubbish too.

World at War was a ball of fun back in the day.

Only Call of Duty game I haven't gotten is World War 2, I buy the games for the off chance I might play the campaign when I have time/bored and to keep my game library consistent and complete.

If the titles shift to Multiplayer-only, then I won't be purchasing them anymore, I'll make the clean break.

Yeah, those millions of gamers didn't even beat the game which means they spend most of their time on multiplayer. Skip the campaign and focus on making multiplayer great. Also, it would be great if new COD were 40 dollars.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 20 April 2018

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

I think it has to deal with the typical prison trope where you count your days with lines on the wall.

"It's a tally".

Of course that will only work/make sense if there IS a 5th game in the series.



Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Snoopy said:

I think it has to deal with the typical prison trope where you count your days with lines on the wall.

"It's a tally".

Of course that will only work/make sense if there IS a 5th game in the series.

There will be and it will be multiplayer only. Single player campaigns aren't doing as well as they once did.



It needs a standard campaign. I find them always worth a play through and a steller multilayer with tons of unlocks and tons of weps



...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ArchangelMadzz said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

If you’ve been skipping them how do you know they haven’t been decent?

I got ghosts on the cheap second hand and played for a week and sold it, same with WW2 except it took almost a month.

BO3 was great, played that game throughout the year. Advanced warfare was good for 2 months until all the issues became known and I couldn't stand playing it anymore. And I completely skipped and didn't buy Infinite Warfare, but from what I've seen of it it was terrible. 

At this point I can tell whether I'd like a COD or not without playing it. 

Fair enough. Life's too short, and there isn't enough time to play the games we want to play, let alone the games that turn us off.

That said, my pre-judgment of IW was way off the mark. After watching the trailer, I figured the game would be generic and uninspired. I found it to be pretty great. That's the campaign though. If you're a multiplayer guy, then you made the right choice skipping.



Around the Network

I'll be fine as long as they do a good job with their Zombie mode



Bristow9091 said:
Call of Duty has been a "disaster" since after World at War in my opinion anyway... and if they made a Call of Duty game that plays more like Overwatch I'd probably buy it since it's my favourite FPS in a long time, lol :P

Yeah cod4 was the series high point with modern warfare 2 being very good also and black ops 1 not bad  Apart from the multilayer has been cack. 



Bristow9091 said:
Call of Duty has been a "disaster" since after World at War in my opinion anyway... and if they made a Call of Duty game that plays more like Overwatch I'd probably buy it since it's my favourite FPS in a long time, lol :P

You've missed out on some good games. I enjoyed WW2 too. Felt like the old COD games.



"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

V-r0cK said:
I'll be fine as long as they do a good job with their Zombie mode

Black Ops 3 Zombies mode is the least I've ever played a Zombie mode. I liked 1, 2 was great because there were smaller maps you could just play and survive as long as you could with you mates but in 3... we got 1 map, which was confusingly big, with goals in that I didn't understand and they wasted money on it to get Jeff Goldblum to voice a character in it. It was 1 mode, no option to change. So sad.



Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
V-r0cK said:
I'll be fine as long as they do a good job with their Zombie mode

Black Ops 3 Zombies mode is the least I've ever played a Zombie mode. I liked 1, 2 was great because there were smaller maps you could just play and survive as long as you could with you mates but in 3... we got 1 map, which was confusingly big, with goals in that I didn't understand and they wasted money on it to get Jeff Goldblum to voice a character in it. It was 1 mode, no option to change. So sad.

The maps of BO3 wasnt as fun or creative as the previous ones (which is why i was glad they brought the old ones back) but I did like that they provided the new maps with more of a purpose with the whole easter egg and completing the story with the 4 original characters.

I'm hope now that the original cast story is done that they can focus on that new cast of 4 that was in the Die Rise map.