By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

I love how Sony has totally destroyed the myth some pubs want you to believe about story based games being less impactful, this is gonna be huge. The appetite for well crafted Sp worlds is there, what EA , MS and others really mean is:

We cannot make games as good, so it is easier to make a middle of the road MP game and monetize it to death. Total nonsense , chasing fads, it's why I stick to Sony and Nintendo.

This is what they want customers to believe, because they do not have the talent to make what gamers want from a  SP perspective.

Around the Network
konkari said:

It appears that Sony is more focused on doing than talking. What I really like here is that both the baswe PS4 and the Pro get solid versions. Keep the promises, that is good for a change.

Sony's first party is world class, it took decades of fine tuning to get here...Ms is too far behind, they will never catch up.

The only game I could see being higher reviewed this year is red dead 2. Smash will probably end up in the low 90s.

You know what, might be an unpopular to say, but GTA games imo are good, don't get me wrong, but...I feel they are grossly overrated,,their mechanics are always sub mar, and GTA story was sub par as well. The world is great but the interactivity is low most buildings you cannot enter.

RDR is their best game, no way GTa 4 a 98 like wtf?

JesusBuiltmyHotRod said:
You know what, might be an unpopular to say, but GTA games imo are good, don't get me wrong, but...I feel they are grossly overrated,,their mechanics are always sub mar, and GTA story was sub par as well. The world is great but the interactivity is low most buildings you cannot enter.

RDR is their best game, no way GTa 4 a 98 like wtf?

No, that won't be unpopular here. There's a decent number of our members who share a similar viewpoint. I hold them in pretty high regard myself. For reasons I won't address, I didn't like Vice City much, but loved 3, 4, and 5.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

RDR is incredibly overrated. This game bored me to death and the controls are not responsive (like all GTA games). I couldn't force myself after a few hours of boredom. I much preferred playing for instance Infamous or Batman on PS3.

#56 on Metacritic

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
pikashoe said:
The only game I could see being higher reviewed this year is red dead 2. Smash will probably end up in the low 90s.

Rockstar games are always hyped to the heavens, it will probably be in the 97 or 98 metacritic, i loved red dead redemption but mass effect 2 deserved goty that year.  

Certain developers in this industry get their D's sucked more than others, like Rockstar, Nintendo EAD, Naughty Dog, Blizzard. They can all shit in a bag and it will score a 90+ on Metacritic.

The same effort by a 'less blessed' developer would get a good 5 points less or more.

Up to 27 perfect scores on meta. Probably won't beat TLoU's 42 record among non-Nintendo games, but might get close. Kind of crazy there's no sub 80's yet. 

yo_john117 said:
Intrinsic said:

I don't get this..... you bought the XB1 at launch, and have a gaming PC.....

Since launch or for a good while you feel the only XBox game worth menntioning is FH....... and yet you still went and bought an XB1X? And you have a gaming PC?

I'm sorry, not knocking on your XB preferences here, but that makes zero sense to me. Hell, it almost sounds irresponsible.

I mean, I guess there were probably a few others such as the Tomb Raider game which was exclusive for a bit. Oh yes, I play the games with my friends and family who have an Xbox only and I do love great graphics so of course, I got the Xbox One X. I only got the PC because I travel a lot so it makes sense to have something capable of playing games (Xbox Play anywhere is a nice touch) and be able to work on it as well.

Hope that makes more sense now.

Alara317 said:

As much as I agree with you, I don't think this is the place to berate someone for their poor decisions. 

Well maybe you consider it a "poor decision", but I have still had a blast with owning an Xbox One/X all of these years and have absolutely no regrets over buying either of them. Given that, how can it be a poor decision?

It means you never played knack. So yes, it's the worst decision you ever made.