By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

Pre-order secured. I cannot wait!

Around the Network

Normally, I'm not one to be impressed by graphics. But even I have to admit, they made great improvements in just a year's time. 

Alara317 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I don't care who you are. Between God of War, Horizon, Uncharted 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Bloodborne, and the Yakuza series you need to own a PS4. Even if it's just a secondary system, that's 7 games that need to be played, and will appeal to almost anyone. Bonus points if you don't want to emulate Persona 5, which is another must play game. Nier Automata, and Nioh are both on PC, but if anybody were to get a PS4 without having a good gaming PC, I would tell them to get those two games as well. 

Also, Easy Allies, and Destructoid both gave this a 10/10. Those are the best reviewers on the web IMO, because they are made up of fans. 

I was just looking up the review scores for all of those games, and yeah! I don't know how anyone could not like PS4 between that group of games. Add Ratchet & Clank to that list as well, plus all the indies. 

Great system, lots of games, lots of variety, and lots of options. 

I would recommend a Switch and PS4, because between those two systems you have two sets of outstanding first party/exclusive titles, you have all the multiplatform games, you have mobility, you have power, you have everything. I am quite happy with those two. 

Oh yeah, Switch/PS4 combo pretty much gets you everything. 

The funny thing is that is just the tip of the iceberg. There's ten more exclusive titles in the 80 - 89 range that I didn't even bother mentioning. Granted, some of those are also on Vita, but it's still a fantastic library. Add in a few more games that only came out to PC/PS4, plus the rest of this year's Sony exclusives, and the system is as good as console gaming can get!

Intrinsic said:
Errrr.... the game is sold out on amazon NA......
Color me shocked.

+

celador said:

according to a 'US Sales insider' on resetera, GoW is tracking to have the highest sales of any PS4 exclusive first week
https://www.resetera.com/posts/6656345/

+

It being a 94/95 on its metacritic/opencritic..... This game is gonna be big... Might be a 10m lifetime title.

Intrinsic said: 

You are right, but you are also looking at it wrong.

No matter what, the individuality of human nature will make any opinion subjective. However' said subjectivuty is pulled from generally objective facts. 

This is the very reason why every major decision making role in human society is based on averages from a pool of people as opposed to the voice of a single person.

MC does just that for game reviews, if a game scores 95 on metacritic, it means a greater average of its reviewers scored it above 9. The majority of reviewers.

In that case, the one or two people that score it a 5 simply cant be taken seriously. Mind you, this goes both ways. If the majority of reviewers rate a game a 5, then one person that gives it a 10 has to be ignored.

Its flat out folly when looking at a generally independent data set to then somehow give more credence or value to the single number that deviates from the majority.

Let's just agree to disagree, then.  

The hype has sold me. I just buckled and pre ordered it. I was planning on getting it anyway, but not day one.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PEEPer0nni said:

No, I just remember that you once made a comment wondering why people are hyped for GoW and Spiderman because those games looked boring to you. It's cool to see that you've changed your mind. Maybe it will happen with Spiderman also. Or do you simply not care about superhero games? 

I did say I didn't care about superheroes ... but Arkham Aslym and City are great games and made Batman more interesting to me. Traveling around the city in Spiderman looks really fun, and some of the new footage they've shown has looked really great. I think that I am just a highly skeptical person when it comes to game footage revolving around specific sequences. So when they show more open gameplay I will probably be really hyped for it. But yeah, I am anticipating a better game than I expected with Spiderman.  Hopefully it makes the character interesting to non-Marvel fans as well ... which it probably will

I don't care about superheroes (the only movies I've watched was the Dark Knight trilogy and an animated spiderman TV series when I was 10) but I can always appreciate fun. That's why I always liked Spiderman games. I seriously don't know any games with a more fun traversal system. Swinging is so addictive I can do it for hours. 

1 more 90+ review away from going up to 95 on meta.

think-man said:
The hype has sold me. I just buckled and pre ordered it. I was planning on getting it anyway, but not day one.

Yup, same for me, except I did it after the previews came out and I watched some Cory Barlog interviews. First GoW game I’ve ever bought. 

So close to that 95 Meta

Sony definitely needs to play these reviews up in the marketing now. Market it as "the best reviewed PS4 game ever." While not technically true given GTAV port and TLOU remaster, it is the best reviewed PS4 game not from last gen.